800 calories a day weight loss???

Options
Hi,

Not sure if this would be extreme but I want to eat 800 calories a day while doing 2 hours a day on the elliptical, light weight lifting and a light ab workout. Anyone have feedback or suggestions on this regimen/plans? Thanks!

Replies

• Rose18l
    Rose18l Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Bad idea. As a female you should never eat under 1200 calories. At an amount lower you will not only lose body fat but also muscle mass. In the long run a low amount of calories will destoy the metabolism which makes it harder to lose weight. After excercise you need to eat half the calories back on top of the min. amount of calories.

I am not sure of your beginning situation/goals so recommending regimen/plans is hard.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It's a really bad, really unhealthy plan.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    This is the worst idea. You would be severely undereating combined with exercising too much to be fueled by this measly allowance.
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    That is a terrible idea. The lowest calories a grown woman should be eating a day is 1200. Doing cardio and weight lifting and only eating 800 calories is not healthy.
  • alealehandraa
    alealehandraa Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @Joy5434 don't do that. I tried 800kcal per day with light activity such as cleaning, cooking, walking.. and i still was little slowed down. Now i eat 1200 and still loosing weight. Just eat healthy don't bother counting every calorie because 2hours of workout will give you amazing results.
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Yup that is extreme. As others have said, eat a minimum of 1200 calories a day and if you are going to do 2 hours of exercise you definitely need to account for those calories too. I suggest reading the stickies on this forum and start swatting up on the right way to lose fat. :)
  • karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Eat more and include weigths. Better to do less eliptical and lift more.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    karsei01 wrote: »
    Eat more and include weigths. Better to do less eliptical and lift more.
    Or rather do what exercise you enjoy and can sustain, and eat at a sensible deficit that includes calories burned while exercising. If you like the elliptical, use the elliptical.
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    800kcal one day a week maybe .... but doing it all the time, is recipe for burn out and illness
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,
    JustSomeEm
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.