11am and 3pm Protein snacks...need some ideas!

Options
Hi I’m Liz, I train with a PT 3 times a week and I am soo hungry all the time and yes drinking loads of water. But need some ideas for protein snacks that I can make at home to help curve the hunger pangs. Any ideas please? Thanks

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I personally find eating less often, and eating my first meal as late as possible helps with curbing hunger.

Are you restricting calories too much? Not eating exercise cals?
    Easy to access/prep protein could be HB eggs, egg muffins, yoghurt, chicken pieces, jerky, meatballs, tins of fish.
  • elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    boiled eggs, high protein yoghurt, homemade protein shake (milk and yoghurt),commecial premade shakes, tinned chicken on a slice of low carb bread
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    not protein-tastic, but I get the munchies at exactly those times! Do you work in an office?

11am I eat 10g popcorn - take time to eat

3pm a square of lindt chocolate - this week it is sea salt flavour. I break it up into tiny pieces -takes time and therefore fights boredom as well as urge to snack on more

I think for me I get bored at those times. 11am is 'nearly' lunch, but not quite and 3pm is nearly hometime - but not quite. I flag and want food when bored lol

@livingleanlivingclean - Am stealing the jerky idea, that is time consuming to eat as well, thanks :D

• lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    not protein-tastic, but I get the munchies at exactly those times! Do you work in an office?

11am I eat 10g popcorn - take time to eat

3pm a square of lindt chocolate - this week it is sea salt flavour. I break it up into tiny pieces -takes time and therefore fights boredom as well as urge to snack on more

I think for me I get bored at those times. 11am is 'nearly' lunch, but not quite and 3pm is nearly hometime - but not quite. I flag and want food when bored lol

@livingleanlivingclean - Am stealing the jerky idea, that is time consuming to eat as well, thanks :D

This is exactly what I do! Little chocolate morsels to go with my coffee! :smile:
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Turkey jerky is almost all protein. You can get different flavors too. So far I've found that the Perky Jerky brand is my favorite. Also, greek yogurt and cottage cheese are good protein options.
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Powercrunch bars are great for my mid-afternoon, other than that I'm usually keen on nonfat/lowfat greek yogurt, and I'll add collagen peptides to my coffee or drink.
  • darrenbeckworth
    darrenbeckworth Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Protein Powder + Water
  • nrtauthor
    nrtauthor Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I munch on carrots! LOL! 11AM and 3PM just as someone above mentioned. Carrots are my FAVORITE snack in the world.
  • nrtauthor
    nrtauthor Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    WHOOPS. Just realized you were looking for protein snacks! MY BAD. *sneaks out*
  • alyssa_rest
    alyssa_rest Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Deer/turkey jerky and string cheese are my 10am & 3pm snacks :)
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    LiliB23 wrote: »
    Hi I’m Liz, I train with a PT 3 times a week and I am soo hungry all the time and yes drinking loads of water. But need some ideas for protein snacks that I can make at home to help curve the hunger pangs. Any ideas please? Thanks

Cottage cheese
    yogurt
    food bars
    hard-boiled eggs (w/ mustard/mayo/pepper/hot sauce/balasamic glaze/..)
  • Tesha231
    Tesha231 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    HB eggs, and Greek yogurt...a couple saltines and PB
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs, peanut butter on apples, yogurt, string cheese
  • LiliB23
    LiliB23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys got plenty of ideas now, thanks for
    Taking the time to respond
  • megbelievesshecan
    megbelievesshecan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    3 pm is a killer for me at work. I always keep a chocolate Premier Protein at work for my afternoon snack. It fills me right up until dinner and gets me over the afternoon hump.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Cheese
    Hummus with green beans
    Sliced meats or jerky
    Anchovy
    Protein bars
    Greek yogurt
    Ants on a log
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i'm very fond of turkey bacon as my pre lunch snack.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Jerky. Raw nuts. Eggs. Cheese.