Must lose weight now.

Options
Hi to everyone. I'm in my sixties now and have bad knees and a dodgy hip and really need to lose weight. I've been a yo yo dieter all my life and my daughter suggested that I try My Fitness Pal. I didn't think that I would be able to use it but am managing so far. I'v got a very long way to go - so any encouragement would be very helpful.

Replies

• uimd
    uimd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I understand in my early 30's and I already have bad knees. Just got started on a Cpap machine to breath at night. What a wake up call for me. Wish you the best!
  • jbhartzell4214
    jbhartzell4214 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Thanks for the reply. Wish you the best with your weight loss journey. :)
  • iWishMyNameWasRebel
    Options
    Hey there! Great job on taking a really hard first step to feeling better. My knees, too, are shot (genetics plus morbid obesity = horrible knees); I have mild EDS; am a food addict; and am recovered from heart failure. Been doing this for years, and will be doing it the rest of my life as my health very slowly improves. It can be a bit overwhelming at first, but every single minute (literally) that you spend being even a little active, adds to feeling better instead of worse. We're all here to support...great to meet you!
  • sherstar1
    sherstar1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    [Hi New here and been trying to lose weight. Have not been as sucessful as i would like. Still trying
  • Lisafeelingbeautiful
    Options
    Great start, it is amazing to me how many calories I was consuming. Now I try every bite that goes in my mouth I write it down. Keep it up, and don't stop.