I just have to do it!

I'm 53 yrs old, female with 1 biological child who also has a weight problem. I Have yo yo dieted all my life. It's my biggest downfall. I have a lot going in my life and can accomplish a lot but I'm stuck with this food addition thing I know what to do but I just have to do it! It's time

Replies

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    You can do it but you have to get out of the mindset that food is an addiction and figure out why you overeat. "Addiction" is a crutch and will not allow you to admit the real reason that you overeat.

You also have to find a way of eating that is sustainable for the rest of your life and not just the duration of a "diet".

Once you crack those codes you're golden.

Good luck!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    I was a yoyo dieter, I restricted my calories far too much - ate far too little which of course wasn't sustainable.
    So instead of eating too little, probably not even as much a 1000 cals a day back then, I aimed for 0.5lb loss a week as I needed to lose 20lbs, ate 1400 cals plus exercise calories back and lost.

Losing weight more slowly through tracking calorie intake via this app meant I lost the weight I needed to and the great thing is, I kept it off. :smile: because no foods were restricted, I just watch my portion sizes. A food scale was the biggest eye opener for weighing foods especially things like cereal/rice/pasta/potatoes/meat.

We gain because over time we eat more than our bodies burn, most of us don't know what a proper portion size should be for one thing. But the good news is just a few changes can get us losing.

Log everything you eat, keep yourself accountable - stay consistently within the calories MFP gives you and you will lose weight.

All the best.
    Ruth