Something sweet and healthy

Options
After I eat lunch I always need something sweet. Fruit is great but it gets tiring after a while and I don't always have it stocked up. I used to eat a Green Danan Light Yogurt but the dairy from it was making me break out. Any ideas on what I could treat myself to after lunch that is sweet and low in calories? Healthy desserts please.

Replies

• gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke! Or crystal light. Or some tea with honey? I also like to munch on carrots to get that sweet taste.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Today I snacked on a caramel rice cake. Tasted like lightly flavored popcorn. It was tasty and only 50 calories.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    don't know if you consider it healthy but the Welche's natural strawberry spread is delicious!! I put a Tbs in my yogurt sometimes or just spread it on a low fat waffle, rice cake, english muffin or toast. Really satisfies my dessert
  • TerranandKaylynsmommy
    Options
    Dark chocolate
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Today I snacked on a caramel rice cake. Tasted like lightly flavored popcorn. It was tasty and only 50 calories.

Mmmm, I love those! And the white cheddar when I want savory instead.
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    When I crave something sweet: diet ginger ale; couple of pieces of gum; licorice tea; couple of pieces of REALLY dark chocolate, Oikos Triple Zero chocolate yogurt. Those are my go-tos. Not all at once though. LOL
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Instant hit chocolate. It's about 40 calories.
  • snowthorns
    snowthorns Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is a fruit treat but I really like it- 1/2 cup of crushed canned pineapple, 1/2 a banana chopped up and 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut mixed together. About 200 calories.
  • Suly09
    Suly09 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the great ideas.I also eat Fiber One brownies every now and then..so yummy. Instant hot chocolate sounds great too; is that with water though? I think I need to go buy some special dark chocolate kisses asap and try everything else that was mentioned. Thanks again.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Another vote for dark chocolate! We've also had Girl Scout cookies around lately, and ONE of those isn't too bad--65-ish calories. Or a different small cookie, such as Trader Joe's mini heart cookies. The trick is to have just one!!

But really, my go-to is 85% dark chocolate, weighed out.
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree on the dark chocolate. And I don't know how you are about being able to just have one of something, but I always have various Oreo flavors on hand. Not healthy, but I can have one and it stops my sweet craving. Other than that, I'll second the diet coke, and for me lemon flavored honey in tea works well too. If you can fit in a few more calories/macros, PowerCrunch bars are amazing too.
  • laurenbastug
    laurenbastug Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    i mix non fat greek yogurt with ff sf pudding mix, sometimes throwing in some protein cookie dough. it's really been helping me hit the sweet spot.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I like Fiber One cookies.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

popcorn sprinkled with sugar/splenda. (they also sell kettle corn flavor shakers - will be alongside the butter, cheese, ranch, etc ones near the popcorn selection).

cottage cheese with jam

jello
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate, sugar-free gum, tea with lemon, dried fruit
  • DarianJP
    DarianJP Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Sugar free werthers hard caramels are good for a sweet tooth! Or tottsie rolls!