You name it, I've tried it!

Options
So I've tried every diet going over the years and I'm always yo yoing. The last time I used this app was in 2013 and I lost almost 3 stone.
This time however I've really struggled to get going and keep going.
I need help! I'm hoping to find people to help keep me motivated and encourage me. I'm fed up of wearing long sleeve tops in the summer and I'm sick of leggings. My goal is 2 stone :)

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Start small, focus on accurate logging first, don't worry about the calorie goal just get into the habit of logging, then set yourself to a pound per week and try to hit your calorie goal. Once you are comfortable with your calories tweak your way of eating for a nutritious and satisfying balance.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Did you choose too large a loss goal per week therefore it got difficult to eat that little in order to lose ?
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    delete delete delete
  • alipali80
    alipali80 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Did you choose too large a loss goal per week therefore it got difficult to eat that little in order to lose ?

Im aiming for 2lb a week, I've decided not to get impatient this time and not to have a specific date in mind
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    alipali80 wrote: »

Im aiming for 2lb a week, I've decided not to get impatient this time and not to have a specific date in mind

2 lbs/week is the most aggressive that MFP has available.
    For 2 stone (28 lbs), aim for 1 lb/week

[Depending on how much you have to lose]
    More than 75 lbs. 2 lbs./week
    40-75 lbs. 1.5 lbs./week
    10-40 lbs. 1 lb./week
    Less than 10 lbs. 0.5 lb./week

• alipali80
    alipali80 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Start small, focus on accurate logging first, don't worry about the calorie goal just get into the habit of logging, then set yourself to a pound per week and try to hit your calorie goal. Once you are comfortable with your calories tweak your way of eating for a nutritious and satisfying balance.

I think aiming lower for a pound a week might be a really good goal to set, less pressure, and less change of getting frustrated and pigging out, thank you for you reply x
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    alipali80 wrote: »

Have you a lot to lose? 2lbs can be too aggressive a loss unless someone has more than say 50lbs to lose. Having patience is key. It's a marathon not a sprint :smile: 1lb a week would be ideal for you.

• deannasingh11
    deannasingh11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    did anybody take apetamin before ?