WHY DON'T BIGGER PEOPLE GET CUTE CLOTHES?!?!

Options

Replies

• snewsome7
    snewsome7 Posts: 189
    Options
    if you like to wear dresses, www.holyclothing.com is the place to go. the majority of my wardrobe comes from them. they're super comfortable, pretty, and wash well. just don't put them in the dryer as they get a lot shorter!

I have been trying to find some dresses. Thank you!
  • snewsome7
    Options
    Bigger people do! They just have to know where to look.

http://www.torrid.com/torrid/Homepage.jsp

Thank you. Everytime I try to go to the website, my computer freezes up. I will try again later.
  • snewsome7
    Options
    I have felt your pain! At my biggest it seemed like nothing cute fit me, and if it did...it wasn't cute. I basically shopped at the Gap outlet because they had my size jeans and XXL shirts, and Target because they have a little plus size selection plus some XXL shirts. When I started losing more weight I rewarded myself with lots of more fashionable clothes from Torrid. Trust me, as you lose the weight it gets so much better. Stay focused and stay on track and you'll get there soon. Even if you don't become a "small" person, you'll have many options soon! Stick with it girl :)

Thank you. Congrats on your loss!
  • snewsome7
    Options
    I am sorry you feel frustrated. However, there are a lot of stores out there that cater to curvalicious women (Torrid, Dots, Lane Bryant, Old Navy). I don't think it is fair that stores cater to small people either, but I have to shop in certain stores, too. I am tall and got a booty like "what". Do you know how many jean companies assume people do not have a butt or hips???
    Good luck on finding and buying some sexy clothes. You will need your confidence to give you strength to succeed in this weight loss journey.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

I got a booty like WHOA girl and hips out this world and a small waist (compared to hips) and I'm tall. I know what you mean! Does Old Navy have tall/long jeans? I might go there tomorrow. Thanks!
  • cmconniew
    cmconniew Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am a big girl too. The places I shop are The Avenue, Fashion Bug, and mostly Old Navy. I love their plus size clothes and yes they are totally cute! Don't feel bad!! We are all in this together!
  • snewsome7
    Options
    I hear ya! There are places to buy larger sizes but if you don't happen to live near one of them, good luck with ordering clothes online!!! I don't know how some people get by - oh no wait, I do know, they wear bad fitting plain boring stuff they had to settle for cuz they couldn't get to or afford decent clothes. Yes, I know there are places out there, but ordering stuff you can't try on is like playing russian roulette - about as much fun and with a lower success ratio. And usually an unfairly high price tag too.

I will add that I feel even worse for really tall gals, their selection is abysmal, with even fewer places to shop and higher price tags.

Yea, I forgot to add that I am tall. And we don't have any of these stores that I am aware of except Old Navy and Forever 21...If they have tall/long I am going tomorrow haha.
  • snewsome7
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses. I am feeling a little better now. I am going to Old Navy tomorrow to try and find some pants. I think I am freaking out because school starts next week and I am bigger than I left, plus I have the same clothes. Blah. But again, thanks for the encouraging words. Goodnight!
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Bigger people have less choice because bigger is not healthy, it's an extra incentive to loose weight...At least, that's how I've always looked at it.

However the real reaon is that and skinny people are coathangers and can pull off virtually anything, bigger people not so much, the bodys "curves" naturally put a limit on what can be worn without making you look like some sort of sidehow freak, and a lot of designer jut don't have the time to spend on focuing on those sorts of obsticles. Shops specifically for larger people have higher price tags and thu their designers can devote the time needed to make flattering, cute things for larger people, your local highstreet tore is competing with other people and the designers selling to them churn out a lot of designs in a mall time that don't have any specific aims, because it doesn't matter that much on skinny people.
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    TORRIDS was my FAV place to shop!! I still go in to look around eventho I can shop just about anywhere.Let that fraustration be your motivation!!Last year this time i was a size 24! today 9-10. YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    ..if anyone needs an honest opinion on how them jeans make your butt look, I'm here to help! :happy:
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    If you have a Dots near you, they have super cute clothes for bigger girls. No funky crotch thing going on like Lane Bryant.

I love dots! Sizes from 0 to 24. Super cute outfits you can mix and match.
  • obliviousx3
    Options
    girl! ive been feeling your pain my whole life, while Dots does have semi cute clothing, alot of it is CHEAPLY made, an Itd falls apart and yo have to pay like 30 for it? its ridiculous, i only buy clearence items because its not even worth it. and then then you do find plus size clothing its for like grade school kiddy stuff, i want to look hot! with cute flirty clothing, the same options as everyone else, just in my size! i swear i would make a plus size clothing famous if they let me design for them, being plus size gives you so many ideas, an you obviously know what plus size people want and need. anyways if you get a little crafty, you can make regular sizes work in your plus sizee clothing! ive done it for a long time. if you find the right shape and style, you could actually wear a juniors dress as a cute fitted flowing shirt, no one would know but you. ( unless the dress was super long it would look weird, but with the crazy kids these days everything is short so you should be good to go! )and im obsessed with buying all the clearance skirts in junior section, some of them have really adorable patterns, i get a very cute tank or just plain colored shirt ( whichever matches or what you prefer) and i throw on the tank, and grab a skirt ( that obviously doesnt fit me as a skirt whatso ever) but i pull it over my head pull it like 5 or 6 inches below my boobs, roll the top up to the right length if i dont like it, and throw an adorabe blk stretch belt over it covering the top of the skirt ( which yo just now made the bottom part of half of your shirt) and BOOM, new outfit made, you cant even tell its a skirt as a shirt, it just looks like a flowly beautiful shirt, people love! they always ask me " where i got it" , and its really fashionable! throw on a long necklace! the best part is, since it isnt one peice, you could wear as many times as you want to be you can change the look each times, with or without the same skirt! by changing the tanks/shirts uptop, and by changing your belt! ( i hope i explained this well enough or i just look crazy! haha maybe i should show a picture. haha sorry
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Fashion bug is definitely great!!!! Try using your frustration as motivation, works for me sometimes!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Where do you shop?! Seriously, you may not be able to find EVERY style that skinny sizes have, but there's a damn good selection if you do a bit of searching. Bah!

Sorry, I guess I'm a bit grumpy. Plus, I a little bit feel like girls who complain about this are implying my plus size clothes make me look like some sort of clown. Which is untrue, because I know how to put things together creatively, and look for a sale like it's my job.
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    ..if anyone needs an honest opinion on how them jeans make your butt look, I'm here to help! :happy:
    ROFLMAO!!! Wonderful to know you're here to help us!!! hahahahahahaha! Thank you!
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Where do you shop?! Seriously, you may not be able to find EVERY style that skinny sizes have, but there's a damn good selection if you do a bit of searching. Bah!

Sorry, I guess I'm a bit grumpy. Plus, I a little bit feel like girls who complain about this are implying my plus size clothes make me look like some sort of clown. Which is untrue, because I know how to put things together creatively, and look for a sale like it's my job.
    Yes.... I'd like to HIRE you! My daughter won't let me leave the house unless she ok's my outfit, I guess I have no taste!
  • BethanieK
    BethanieK Posts: 201
    Options
    I usually have good luck at Macy's for jeans. They can be pricey, but the fit is worth it in my mind.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

Yes.... I'd like to HIRE you! My daughter won't let me leave the house unless she ok's my outfit, I guess I have no taste!

I accept! I already do that for my roommate because she has no clue. But she's usually pleasantly surprised when I make her try something she wouldn't try on her own :)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Torrid (expensive but some cute thingson clearance), Lane Bryant (not my style and everything from there fits like a burlap sack that costs $100), Dots-ROCKED, ours just closed down though :(

My favorite store EVER- Forever 21, plus sizes online and they even run a little big to me. SUPER cheap, good quality, actually really fashion forward and I can go on a jewelry spree there and spend less than 100 dollars getting whatever I want to put in my basket.

I literally have probably 40% of these dresses.

http://www.forever21.com/category.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=faith_dresses&Page=1
  • andforpoise
    Options
    find anywhere that sells the MXM line of clothing... reitmans, penningtons, and addition-elle are three that used to carry it here... check online

http://www.1-plus.com/mxm-dresses-_stcVVcatId487103VVviewcat.htm

i've gotten all sorts of cute stuff from them, at ridiculous clearance prices during boxing week and throughout the year.

I love love LOVE AE for their bras... I don't think I'll buy one anywhere else ever again... so I guess I'm hoping my "girls" don't shrink too much in this process, else I'm going to have to find a different bra shop!