Fitness trackers

Options
What is everyone’s favorite fitness tracker? Looking for something to track heart rate, steps, and activity alerts but also sync with MFP so I can keep all the information in one place. Suggestions?

Replies

• GuineaKitty
    GuineaKitty Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Fitbit HR is my favorite a cheaper versions Very Fit Pro fitness trackers they connect with Google which will connect to MFP. If nothing else check their sync apps and shop from there. Great Luck!
  • Tophers_Motivation
    Options
    I'm a Garmin guy. I just got the VivoSmart HR. Love it.
  • Mike1804
    Mike1804 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Apple Watch + FITIV app + MFP
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Garmin.

Don't worry about the integrated HRM though. They're still a work in progress as far as estimating daily calorie burn.
  • sarahscott9064
    sarahscott9064 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Vivofit HR and love it. Love it way more than I did my Fitbit
  • pacoramirez5
    pacoramirez5 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been looking into them and I have decided to go with a Fitbit Charge 2. They're about $150 USD but there are cheaper ones
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Garmin Vivoactive HR, here. Syncs automatically and flawlessly w/MFP. Battery lasts 4-5 days between charges, and I wear it around the clock.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Garmin 935. Wore an Apple Watch every day for two years, like the Garmin much better.

If I were going for a lower price point without quite as many bells and whistles, it would be the Garmin Vívoactive 3.
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Garmin Forerunner 35
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Fitbit Charge 2 HR is rubbish - the charger makes the glass face crack. Has happened to 2 of them on me, and Fitbit won't cover it as cracked screens aren't covered by their warranty even though it's clearly a design flaw :'( so anything other than that!
  • want2feelbetter
    want2feelbetter Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, can someone tell me how to sync my Fitbit Alta hr. So I’m able to track my steps Though my fitness pal .
  • kpargovia24
    kpargovia24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Garmin Vivomove HR here. Love it!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, can someone tell me how to sync my Fitbit Alta hr. So I’m able to track my steps Though my fitness pal .

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy/p1
  • kathleenneriducharme
    Options
    Just ordered a Garmin Forerunner 35. Can't wait to get it!
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Garmin Vivoactive 3 after four different Fitbits.
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Another Garmin user here, loved my Vivosmart HR although recently upgraded to a Fenix for multi-sport capabilities as well as the other data and info it provides. It was a toss-up between that and the vivoactive3 and my heart won over my wallet!

Garmin Connect syncs really well with MFP and it's a 2-way link so when you're in GC you see the calorie totals from MFP. I also set my weight to sync from GC to MFP and that way I ensure everything's using the same personal info too.
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Mike1804 wrote: »
    Apple Watch + FITIV app + MFP

Same. Just subscribed to the FITIV Pro ($10/year) and love all the data and visuals... of course, I am kind of a nerd so it appeals to me.