Not losing anything

Options
I have been counting my calories for almost 4 weeks. The first week I lost 9lbs and was so very excited. Since that first full week I have lost nothing at all. I am doing the same thing I done that first week. I never go over my calorie count in fact a lot of days I am 200-300 calories under my calories. I am at a loss and begining to become discouraged. Any advice anyone may have or some advice I would appreciate it very much. Thank you!

Replies

• dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Can you give us more info such as your current weight, calorie goal, actual calorie intake, exercise, and whether or not you're weighing your food on a food scale?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your calorie intake?
  • an0nemus
    an0nemus Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Open your diary, makes it easier to give you advice.

What's your gender? How old are you? What's your lifestyle (active, sedentary)? What's your starting weight? What's your goal? How tall are you?

Your profile says female, so that answers one question.
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Nine pounds in four weeks is fast. If you only weighed once per month, wouldn’t you be pretty happy with that number?
  • Harlo18
    Harlo18 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 43, 5ft 3 @ 320. I have a desk job so I am not that active. This app has my calorie intake at 1600 a day. I changed my lifestyle back in 2011 and lost 85 lbs in a little over a year by counting calories and joining a support group. I don’t have access to a support group now in my area. But since then I have gained all but 6 lbs back.
  • Harlo18
    Harlo18 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I opened my diary with the key 6919.
    Yes I would be thrilled. I guess I figured I would see a little bit being lost weakly. I believe the first week was water weight and had hoped for 1-2 lbs a week
  • an0nemus
    an0nemus Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're weighing solids, measuring liquids for EVERYTHING that you eat. If you bite it, write it.
    Invest in a scale and measuring cups if you don't already.

If you're eating pre-packaged food, still weigh it to make sure the serving equals the weight of the serving size. Your journal is still private, as it requires a key to view.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Start with more accurate logging, you have a lot of generic entries and rounded serving sizes. This is a great thread:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1
  • Decapins
    Decapins Posts: 49 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    especially your breakfast for today 2 eggs = 156 cals. but then plus cheese and bacon? thats gotta be way more than 200 cals. cheese is so high cal for a very small amount. and did you use oil? anyways this is why you need to weigh and measure everything.

and then you didn't log this weekend. why, did you overeat? another posibility is that on days you're cheating youre completely wiping out all the calories you cut during the week.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Generic entries are inaccurate. If you're making a meal (like your breakfast eggs) log each ingredient separately by it's weight where possible.

Make sure you review the entries you're picking to get the most accurate one. You have a crumb coated baked chicken breast in there that is showing 0 carbs. That's a sure sign that the entry isn't a good one and is likely inaccurate.

Also noticed that you didn't log anything for the past weekend so who knows how many calories are consumed on those two days.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    9 lbs was a huge amount to lose in the first week, if you think about it now 4 weeks in, thats still over 2lbs a week which was very good. Be patient, keep logging all your foods consistently, the scale will move eventually.