Trader Joe's grocery store.

Options
I just wanted to share that if there is one in your area, you should check it out! Almost everything there is organic, and everything tastes great! The closest one to me is about 20 minutes away, but we make the drive once a week because it's so much better for you...and cheaper! The meat is on the expensive side, but everything else is so cheap! It's a great place for produce, cereals, snack foods, etc. My favorite snack to get from there is the roasted seaweed snack. It's salty, crunchy, has sort of a nutty taste, and the best part? They're only 30 calories a serving and only 99 cents! I'm not advertising the store or anything, I'm just giving a genuine opinion of a really great store! So if there's one near you and you're in a rut for food, check it out.

P.S. I buy most of my groceries there (there are some things you won't find at TJ's) and I only spend 50 dollars at the most for most of our groceries for a week.

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's and there are a few in town, but sadly none is closer than about 20 miles from my house, so I don't make it there often. I love buying their nuts, although they seem to have stopped carrying macadamias, which is sad. Their string cheese is always a great deal, as is their whole wheat pizza dough.
  • KQmom
    KQmom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love TJ's too!!! Great food at a great price... and the 3 buck chuck is always nice too :)
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's! and, I find that things are as cheap, if not cheaper, than my grocery store. I go there for specific items...I like many of their prepared meats for lunches for work. I love their cheeses, as they are WAY more affordable than the grocery store. Their pre-cut veggies are also a bargain, though I don't buy tons of veggies there. THey also have some really great frozen items too. And nuts - their nuts are cheap :)
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! I AGREE! Trador Joes is the BOMB!!! : )
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Oh, and also, they also have really yummy sweet and spicy pecans! They're so good! :) As are their cinnamon sugar pita chips--yum!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of Trader Joe's before MFP. I want to go to one terribly but would have to go to Chicago or Indy and a minimum drive of 60 mins. BOO!