Non fat Greek yogurt ideas

Options
So I am currently on a low fat, low carb meal plan and I have been eating non fat plain Greek yogurt from Costco. Any ideas of how to make it taste better?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Why both low fat and low carb?

I add cherries and granola to mine
  • MichaelK1007
    MichaelK1007 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Cutting fat right now and low carb and low fat and high in protein seems to work best for me. Thanks for the suggestion. I might try the cherries.
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Buy Light and Fit brand? That's what I did when I discovered I did not like the taste of plain yogurt. It's much lower in sugar than other brands and I think it's nonfat.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Sugar free sweetener or sugar free maple syrup.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Turn it into a dip.. add salt, garlic, onions, dill, etc
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Truvia (stevia sweetener) with any of the following:

- berries
    - Half a teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
    - Quarter teaspoon of matcha powder
    - Couple of drops of almond or coconut essence
    - Sprinkle of cinnamon (hate the stuff but some people love it!)
    - Grated apple or pear and a few raisins

Or have it savoury with some salt or garlic salt with raw veggies to dip
  • lorabelllee
    lorabelllee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I put a scoop of chocolate protein powder in it and it tastes like chocolate pudding. I also have realized that low fat cottage cheese is as healthy as plain yogurt and served with fruit (berries are lowest in carbs I believe) and are often my choice for lunch.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    I eat vanilla Skyr instead.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So I am currently on a low fat, low carb meal plan and I have been eating non fat plain Greek yogurt from Costco. Any ideas of how to make it taste better?

Fat free Greek yoghurt has quite a lot of carbs in doesn't It?
  • its_me_april
    its_me_april Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love greek yogurt! A few of my favorite ways to eat it: blended with frozen strawberries and pb for a smoothie / froyo-like consistency (though you'd probably omit the pb to keep it fat free), with splenda and berries or sugar free pie filling (cherry is the best IMO) and cinnamon. Also, with berries, splenda and granola (I like kashi toasted berry crumble or the honey flax flavor). Topped with whip cream is always good.

You can also make it savory and dip veggies or crackers in it--I mix ranch dressing powder with it and some milk (I also do light mayo for added flavor, but you can probably skip it to keep it lower fat).
  • Sober_Is_Sexy
    Sober_Is_Sexy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I add fresh mangoes and honey, nom nom nom
  • mcfish618
    mcfish618 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Love my Greek yogurt!
    Add non bitter stevia to sweeten
    Add about 1tsp-1tbs of sugar free jello powdered pudding in the box. Depending how thick/ sweet you want it (My fav is cheesecake or white choc)
    Stir the above into the yogurt until mixed well.

Add in peanut butter or PB2 for low carb
    Or put frozen blueberries, strawberries or raspberries in the microwave for 1 min and add to top of yogurt for yummy cheesecake.
  • strongwouldbenice
    strongwouldbenice Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Love adding cinnamon and fresh mint to it
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Seedless grapes and a granola bar for me!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Protein powder.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Why low fat and low carb?
    Fat does not make us fat and nothing wrong with carbs either - the main thing is to stay within our calories, as in take in less calories than we burn which leads to weight loss.

The full fat versions of anything is much tastier than the low fat ones.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Just from lactose. Obviously it will have more carbs because 100g of yogurt is 100g of yogurt, and if you remove 10g of fat, those extra 10g will have to come from something (more carbs and protein), but it doesn't mean they add sugar to it or anything...

That ALL low fat products have sugar added 'to make up the taste' is a total myth.

That being said, OP, it's not possible to do low fat AND low carb. You need 50-60g of fat a day for health as well... it will be better for you than too much protein.

Anyway, I can't stand 0% Greek yogurt anymore, but I used to add berries and a bit of stevia in mine.
  • 7seas_sailing
    7seas_sailing Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love to make Tzatziki with it. Tons of good recipes on the net.
  • MichaelK1007
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Just from lactose. Obviously it will have more carbs because 100g of yogurt is 100g of yogurt, and if you remove 10g of fat, those extra 10g will have to come from something (more carbs and protein), but it doesn't mean they add sugar to it or anything...

That ALL low fat products have sugar added 'to make up the taste' is a total myth.

That being said, OP, it's not possible to do low fat AND low carb. You need 50-60g of fat a day for health as well... it will be better for you than too much protein.

Anyway, I can't stand 0% Greek yogurt anymore, but I used to add berries and a bit of stevia in mine.

I try to stay under 100g of fat per day but only during short periods of time. And the Greek yogurt has 7g of carb per serving (2/3 cups). Of course it’s the non fat kind so no added sugars. Thanks for all your suggestions.
  • MichaelK1007
    Options
    mcfish618 wrote: »
    Love my Greek yogurt!
    Add non bitter stevia to sweeten
    Add about 1tsp-1tbs of sugar free jello powdered pudding in the box. Depending how thick/ sweet you want it (My fav is cheesecake or white choc)
    Stir the above into the yogurt until mixed well.

Add in peanut butter or PB2 for low carb
    Or put frozen blueberries, strawberries or raspberries in the microwave for 1 min and add to top of yogurt for yummy cheesecake.

Just tried the sugar free jello cheesecake flavor and it’s was amazing. Thanks for your suggestion. :)