Post-Maria comeback! Only girls please!

Options
Hello friends!!! It's been a long while since I've been around. After Maria hit Puerto Rico, life here turned hectic! I spent more than a month without water and more than 2 without electricity. Thankfully our house didn't suffer any damages and neither did the guesthouse, just a bit of sand here and there and of course no guests for the months (painful!). On the bright side I spent the first three weeks at the guesthouse in my bathing suit, eating coconuts and drinking coconut water (they were everywhere!), reading and washing our clothes in the nearby stream. I know many of my fellow islanders suffered terrible losses and some are still suffering, but I must be grateful, because my experience was not as terrible. As for my fitness, I managed to stay somewhat in the same weight, but I lost most muscle mass I had gained. After Maria, our work at the office tripled and once classes started life was doubly hectic than before. Things seem to be getting back to normal now that the new semester has started. My new journey includes two classes, a job, studying for the MCAT and hoping to get into Medschool in July! So here we go! Im starting a meals program from a local gymn that my husband goes to and its great because I have no time to cook. And Im trying to run at least 3 times a week. Taking it slow this time, but hoping for a better lifestyle. I wish you all the best and hoping you will join me once again in getting pumped and excited!

Guys, sorry I know it's not your fault your peers have been pervs, but I'd rather avoid. If this makes you uncomfortable, blame your peers for disrespecting and scrutinize you actions and those of your fellows. Maybe someday we women won't feel the need to make theese type of ammendments.

Replies

• change_gonna_come_1_day
    Options
    So glad it's getting better for you. Good luck on MCAT. I am in nursing school and plan on going to Med school too! I work at a desk all day and then study as much as possible. I am trying to figure in dieting and exercising to. It helps so much with memory, attention, and energy. I need motivation defiantly. Nice to meet you. I am Nicole btw.
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    Options
    Sorry guys suck! Glad your recovery from Maria wasn't too bad! Feel free to add me :)