Back on it!!

Options
After coming and going on this app I have now rejoined and really impressed with the lay out of it all. This time around I feel positive and a lot kinder to me self as I feel sometimes I can be my own worst enemy we it comes to my weight lost journey (and life in general) but one day at a time step by step and lets shift some weight whoop whoop :p

Replies

• tgc771
    tgc771 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just rejoined as well. Hopefully I'll stick to it this time.
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    LET'S DO THIS!
  • AnotherTryLiz
    AnotherTryLiz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hate to admit it but this is my 3rd time, 3rd year back at it. Each time I lost 70+ LBS. just to gain it back thru the winter. What can I say.... I love sweets.
  • Mary80801
    Mary80801 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also back again but feeling it a little more. Would like to share some ideas and motivation with others. Add me if you want.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I've been back more than a few times over the last five years.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Welcome back B)
    What have you changed this time that will make you successful? I don't mean that negatively at all. I mean, what is your plan to help you avoid whatever made you quit before?
  • headlock_lynn
    headlock_lynn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wishing all of you the best of luck to reach your goal. I have decided to buckle down as well and hope to be successful.
  • julezro82
    julezro82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks all loving the surport. To answer a question on what iv changed well I realised a year or so ago that I was a emotional eater weather I was happy, sad whatever food would be my answer. I had to look at myself and my relationship with food. I not saying I have it all figured out and sorted I don't it's a long journey and I hard one. But by doing a lot of of work on my worth and who I am as a person I feel in a better head space, and more focused. So whatever you are all struggling with just know you are ALL worth it x
  • Murkskis
    Murkskis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ugh....Already the 5th or 6th time in 6 years - and yet I see that my thinking HAS become healthier on the way (no more the ideas of not eating at all or living under 900 kcal a day!), so that's also a progress!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Hate to admit it but this is my 3rd time, 3rd year back at it. Each time I lost 70+ LBS. just to gain it back thru the winter. What can I say.... I love sweets.

I love sweets too. They don't stop me achieving and maintaining my goal weight though - you obviously know how to lose, you've successfully done that. Perhaps think about maintenance now - plan to stay and track even when you reach your goal.

are you in the mindset of being on a diet, then returning to "normal" eating when you reach your goal? Unfortunately "normal" eating is what causes the weight gain!
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I've discovered that it really helps to break everythinginto seperate behaviors and habits. Log not only what you eat for a while, but when, why (hungry, lunchtime, bored, looked delicious) and how you feel before, during, and an hour after (starving, bloated, satisfied, sick to death of this f'ing kale). That gives you a baseline to work with and helps you understand your personal eating habits. From there it's just a matter of experimenting and seeing what works for you.
    Just keep in mind that everything is a seperate habit or behavior. It is alot easier to work with and fix"I like to eat chips and icecream while watching TV." Or " I tend to WAY overeat at dinner" than it is to say "I have to change my whole life, NOW, and if I screw something up next week it's proof that I failed!"
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!