Alli diet support

Options
Hello! I am almost 30 and getting married in June, and have been on a weight loss journey for a year with little success. I eat pretty good and excerise 3-4x a week and have managed to lose less than 10# in a year. My doctor recommended Alli, and my aunt and uncle had great success with it so I'm giving it a shot. I've got 40# to lose!
I've been taking Alli for a week and have not experienced any butt leaking, like other reviews imply, nor uncontrollable BMs. I believe it's because I'm following the low fat diet very well. On day 3 I was sceptical it was even working so I ate 2 pieces of pizza and then experienced some side effects. So following proper nutrition guides is extremely helpful.
I'm looking for members that have had success, or currently use the Alli product for both motivation and support!
Thanks!

Replies

• sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Unless you want to wear a diaper to your wedding, skip the alli. Your fiancé proposed to you at your current weight, so no rush to try to lose 40# by June. If you really want to lose, go at a slower rate, and it will still make a huge difference in how u look and feel.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Yikes!

Your doctor is either mis-informed or too busy (or lazy) to take the time to explain how weight loss works.

You can eat food you like (even food with fat in it) and lose weight. You just need to stay within calorie goals. Plug your statistics into My Fitness Pal, and eat that much. If you add exercise, log your activity and eat some of those "earned" calories as well.

The beauty of this approach is you gain knowledge. Measuring & logging portions gives you tools for maintenance. Alli doesn't give you any knowledge, it just makes you fearful of eating dietary fat.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
  • Mili87
    Mili87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yoi can definetly lose weight before your wedding without Alli. Just track your calories and try to work out. You will not lose 40lbs but you will lose some weight which will make you feel better in your dress. Stay motivated. Its possible...trust me.
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Bad experience in Target when I was using Ali. Never again.
  • Lesscookies12
    Lesscookies12 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    dlm4mom wrote: »
    Bad experience in Target when I was using Ali. Never again.

Omg :open_mouth:
  • stacimarie1015
    stacimarie1015 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Do the math...

How many calories a day are you eating now? How many fat grams per day? Based on the Alli recommendations, I think its to stay at/under 15 grams of fat per meal, 60 grams per day? Let's go with that...

If 60 fat grams a day, Alli blocks 15 of them. (25%) At 9 cals each, that is 15 x 9 = 135 cals per day. Based on the concept of 3500 calories = 1 pound, Alli helps you to lose 1 pound in 26 days. Longer if you consume less fat per day. (Because if you consume less, it blocks less.)

But fear of side effects is helping you to be true to your calorie counting, yes? Why not just calorie count & log? Look for other forms of motivation. Or if fear is what it takes, tell your friends & family to slap your hands if you go over X calories per day.
  • Lesscookies12
    Lesscookies12 Posts: 140 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Do the math...

How many calories a day are you eating now? How many fat grams per day? Based on the Alli recommendations, I think its to stay at/under 15 grams of fat per meal, 60 grams per day? Let's go with that...

If 60 fat grams a day, Alli blocks 15 of them. (25%) At 9 cals each, that is 15 x 9 = 135 cals per day. Based on the concept of 3500 calories = 1 pound, Alli helps you to lose 1 pound in 26 days. Longer if you consume less fat per day. (Because if you consume less, it blocks less.)

But fear of side effects is helping you to be true to your calorie counting, yes? Why not just calorie count & log? Look for other forms of motivation. Or if fear is what it takes, tell your friends & family to slap your hands if you go over X calories per day.

I think some people who use this may want to be motivated by fear and the possibly of having an embarrassing leak, and having to take extra clothes wherever they go.