Spaghetti squash

Options
Has anyone reheated spaghetti squash for leftovers? does this hold up well? I've always eaten it on a weekend or when it would be gone so that I don't have leftovers. I want to try and bring it for lunch one day but not sure about it.

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Yeah they reheat fine - they can release a lot of liquid though. If possible, pack your cooked spaghetti squash and your sauce separately, so you can drain your reheated spaghetti squash before adding your sauce.
  • shbrsee
    shbrsee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have frozen it before and reheated. I think the best trick is to not cook completely. Leave a few minutes left otherwise a little mushy
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    It reheats fine. I cook a whole one in the microwave then "fork" it into strands and portion into plastic baggies for later. The baggies take up less room in the fridge than containers.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this would be feasible for you to do at your work, but I used to bring spaghetti squash to work for lunch a lot and here's what I did to "meal prep it"
    Cut the squash in half lengthwise and gut it out like you normally would. I usually eat one half of the squash per meal. Then I would cook it in my microwave in my office - put it on a glass plate gutted side down, cover with Saran Wrap leaving part of it uncovered so the steam can escape. Cook it in 5 minute intervals (usually takes me about 10 minutes to cook it) until it's as tender as you want it and then use a fork to scrape out the "noodles".
    My favorite way to top the spaghetti squash was to dice up tomato and onion, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast in oven until the tomatoes start to blister. The put that in my lunch box to top the squash with. Squash, tomato/onion mix, and then about 1 oz of some cheddar or mozzarella makes for a pretty large and yummy, but still low calorie meal
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Yes, it works just fine.
  • kj26boys
    kj26boys Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for all your tips!
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    You can refresh it in a saute pan with some lime and chile powder, then eat it in a taco with some black beans or ground beef!