Snack ideas?

Options
jrtoday
jrtoday Posts: 2 Member
Hey looking for suggestions on snacks.
My days are spent rushing between uni and work and usually rely on chocolate bars to get me through, a habit I'm desperately trying to break!
Trying to think of things that can just sit in my bag most of the day but other than those little packs of sultanas I'm drawing a blank. Muesli bars are pretty high in sugar right?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• JnineGains
    JnineGains Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Craving Lays chips atm...... It hurts LOL
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Muesli bars are a good option for you as long as their calories fit into your daily plan. :)
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky in reasonable quantities. Measure it out ahead of time and divide into small packets.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You could just eat meals and thus eliminate the "need" for snacks.
  • JAYDENJONES78
    JAYDENJONES78 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    WHOLE FRUITS THAT DONT NEED REFRIGERATION. LAUGHING COW CHEESE WITH WHEAT THINS
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Fruits, carrots or crackers with hummus, nuts, pretzels... yeah I stay away from granola bars, they just make me feel bleh.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    My favourite granola bar right now is the Kashi Seven Grain with Quinoa, chocolate chip and chia!! I also, like to snack on Rice cakes and I roast my own chick peas.
  • nsprieg
    nsprieg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    100 cal almond/walnut/cranberry "snack packs" from Emerald. 100 cal "chewy" granola bars (Kroger has decent variety packs of them, just watch the calories as they have larger bars as well). 100 cal Oreo 2-packs. You can buy them by the dozen at Walmart. As you can tell I am big on the 100 cal items as it makes accountability quite easy.
  • remoore23
    remoore23 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    String cheese. Hard boiled eggs. Almonds. Apples, oranges, bananas, etc. Carrot sticks. Celery sticks. Half of a peanut butter sandwich. A container of yogurt. A small salad with chicken or other protein. Kashi granola bars. Whole wheat, sugar free crackers. Half of an avocado. (I'm a little more liberal about letting things be unrefrigerated for a few hours than are some people. I've never gotten food poisoning :smile: )