When good brownies go bad

Options
That made me giggle. Anyway, my boss's wife made brownies for work . . . hello internal struggle! Why can't people walk in the door in the morning and say things like "my wife made steamed veggies for the whole office, get it while it's hot!" No, it has to be "My wife made tasty brownies for the office, come get one if you're hungry."
1) you don't eat brownies because you're hungry, you eat brownies because they're chocolaty and cakey, and nom nom good.
2) I make some crazy from scratch brownies and I know if I have one of those I'll be disappointed because they're not mine and yet I WANT ONE!!!

I can be calm, I can be calm, ummm, I can eat my pear in 40 minutes and I can be calm.

Replies

• maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    oh i understand this entirely! that "if i have one bite i will eat all of it" mentality.

stay strong. that pear is gonna be sweet and juicy and sugary and that's gonna hit the spot!
  • amarieh
    amarieh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    LOL - I am glad that I am not the only one that has these internal struggles and conversations in my head......your post made me want brownies, but like you I get to eat my fruit in a bit, so I can hang on !!!! Just say no to the brownies !!!!!
  • sugarlovebug
    sugarlovebug Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    This is when I would have a hershey's kiss or two and that would satisfy my chocolate craving.
  • tonismith15
    tonismith15 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Stay strong! I totally feel your pain! Tomorrow you should bring a fruit try or a veggie tray to off set the brownies!
  • Susie_Bee
    Options
    Step away from the brownies!

You are awesome... you have been doing so well... you are lookin' and feelin' good! Brownies will make you feel disapointed with yourself and will sabbotage your efforts... and as you said, those ones are not worth the cheat! ;-)

I carry a sample sized bottle of mouthwash around with me for times like that. I would excuse myself and go rinse my mouth in the wahroom. The minty-fresh taste removes any sweet cravings!

Have a coffee or an unsweetened tea until you can have your pear!

Way to go!!!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    This is when I would have a hershey's kiss or two and that would satisfy my chocolate craving.

There is no such thing as "a hershey's kiss or two" in my world. Kisses require a bag . . .
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    This made me giggle. I hear ya 100%..loud and clear!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I ate my pear it it didn't help, it just made me want another pear . . . and the brownie.

To be fair it is that TOM, so I just really want to stick my face in a pile of food and leave it there until either 1) I suffocate or 2) I eat my way out to the other side.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I ate my pear it it didn't help, it just made me want another pear . . . and the brownie.

To be fair it is that TOM, so I just really want to stick my face in a pile of food and leave it there until either 1) I suffocate or 2) I eat my way out to the other side.
    That's usually when I walk by the brownie plate and pick ONE CRUMB off the side of the plate and let it melt in my mouth. Then run away.

Seriously, they are probably box brownies. Totally not worth it.
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options

MEEE TOOO.
    I'm thinking of all the places I could eat at lunch (the pizza buffet is winning), but then I remember I already brought my lunch... :/
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    Just pretend that they are poop.

Do you want to eat poop? I didn't think so...
  • ElaKuz
    ElaKuz Posts: 49
    Options
    Just pretend that they are poop.

Do you want to eat poop? I didn't think so...

This made me smile...
    :)