Feeling Discouraged

Options
ashleyandbrian3
ashleyandbrian3 Posts: 13 Member
edited February 2018 in Motivation and Support
I’ve been working out for a month straight, with one break each week. Also just got a three month membership, so excited about that! I also have been watching my calories. I’ve set myself for 1500 and usually stay right below or at that. Once a week I may treat myself to something as want. Other than that I’ve been eating relatively healthy. Meats, fruits, & veggies mainly. I figured last night I shouldn’t drink Gatorade while working out because I’m probably just putting those calories back on, so whatever it is. I really need to shed some weight & I’ve only lost 4 pounds! I’m getting a little discouraged. Also, I have been told to have my thyroid check, so I’m considering that. Anyone have any tips?

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Are you logging everything you eat and drink? Do you use a digital food scale? If not, do that. If you are, then how much do you have to lose? If it's 20lbs or less, it'll take longer and you'll have to log very precisely.
  • ashleyandbrian3
    Options
    I just feel like maybe it should’ve been more! Maybe I’m just crazy, I’m going to keep it up though!
  • DrizztGirl82
    DrizztGirl82 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Keep it up! Its not that good to lose more than 1-2 pounds a week unless your doctor says otherwise.
  • ashleyandbrian3
    Options
    I don’t use a weight scale, I just measure my portions by cups, ounces, etc. I’ve got about 50/60 to lose, well minus the four I’ve lost! I just figured within a month I would’ve lost a few more!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I don’t use a weight scale, I just measure my portions by cups, ounces, etc. I’ve got about 50/60 to lose, well minus the four I’ve lost! I just figured within a month I would’ve lost a few more!

Be patient, use a scale and you'll be successful.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

You may want to consider investing in a food scale because weighing food isn't quite as accurate as measuring. For now it's likely fine, but as you lose weight accuracy often becomes more important.
  • ashleyandbrian3
    Options
    Thank you all! I’m going to keep doing my best! Y’all have any tips for them gym? I do quiet a bit but I’ve read different things about cardio & strength training!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    You can't be negative and turn what was a success into not being good enough. YOu're down 4 pounds.. that means in another month you'll be down 8 pounds ... and you keep going and before you know it..time - that is going to pass no matter what - will go by and you'll be 40 pounds lighter. This is how we get it done.. bit by bit.. celebrate that you're on your way!
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    You’re making progress. It’s possible you’re retaining some water weight if you’ve just recently started working out. Keep drinking water, find an exercise class you enjoy and give yourself permission to celebrate your accomplishments. PS: take some progress photos. After you lose a Jean size you’ll be amazed to see visual proof of weight loss.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

You may want to consider investing in a food scale because weighing food isn't quite as accurate as measuring. For now it's likely fine, but as you lose weight accuracy often becomes more important.

Oops, I know you meant the other way around.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    edited to delete
  • resale3108
    resale3108 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Actually, you are doing really well. Working out 6 days a week, you will have lost more lard than you know, and will have increased muscle mass. But, don’t burn yourself out, don’t be afraid of taking a day off every two/ three days.