Diary Peeking Friends?

Options
Hi all!

I am new to this username here on myfitnesspal. I live a pretty sedentary life at the moment so I am trying to focus on meals.

I am looking for recipes and friends to hold myself accountable to my diary completion. Is this you? I can creep on your diary as well if it is public. LET'S BE ACCOUNTABILIBUDDIES. B)

Replies

• maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    If you'd like to add me you can. My diary is open to friends.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    When I first started here I looked at a few peoples' food diaries.

I don't get it.

I don't eat/like the same food as anyone else. So I just enter the food I do like/do eat and go from there. I studied my own food diary and made changes where needed. I'll never be one to eat protein powder or protein bars or tofu or many other foods, so it made sense to me to work with what I do like.

Good luck and welcome back. :flowerforyou:
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options

I don't get it.

I don't eat/like the same food as anyone else. So I just enter the food I do like/do eat and go from there. I studied my own food diary and made changes where needed. I'll never be one to eat protein powder or protein bars or tofu or many other foods, so it made sense to me to work with what I do like.

Agree. Eat what you like.

I guess I use it more as a tool for ideas for meals. Not to eat things other people eat if I don't like them. But sometimes I get stuck in a rut of eating the same meals on repeat and want to diversify for sure.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    maybe1pe wrote: »

I don't get it.

Agree. Eat what you like.

I guess I use it more as a tool for ideas for meals. Not to eat things other people eat if I don't like them. But sometimes I get stuck in a rut of eating the same meals on repeat and want to diversify for sure.

I think that's the key. Different sources of protein. A variety of fruit and vegetables. Different types of grains, different oils, different nuts and legumes. As much variety as possible for the best balance of nutrients. That's what I do. I always have six or seven different frozen vegetables on hand, and as many fresh fruit and vegetables as I can use like lettuce, tomatoes, celery, potatoes, strawberries, avocado, blueberries, mango. I have rice, oatmeal, bread and corn, and four or five different types of dried beans. I buy walnuts and raw almonds and fresh ground peanut butter with no salt or sugar. I have real butter and olive oil and coconut oil. Dairy - milk, cheeses and yogurt.

Then I rotate those favorites into about twenty different meals. Mostly fruit and vegetable, some protein and some fats in each meal. It's kind of a Rubik's Cube to figure out all the macros but it's fun too!
  • AndOne8675
    AndOne8675 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You can add me I love diary creepers. :)
  • Slurbol
    Slurbol Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree with the variety! I know that tracking what I eat is what works and I just really need to stick to that. It's not how someone is eating Im seeking to imitate. I very much appreciate just looking for new sources of recipes and protein. Thanks y'all!! <3
  • 39andfat
    39andfat Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Add me. UK here
  • akopesky
    akopesky Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to friends so feel free to add me if you like.
  • pamfin
    pamfin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My diary is open and I log every day.