Jelly Belly....how to work on getting rid of!

Hi, I work out 4 times a week, 3 times with a PT and I have been doing this for over a year. Any advice on how to work on getting rid off my jelly belly? Thanks Liz

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    What is your diet like?
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited February 2018
    It is impossible to direct fat loss to certain parts of the body through exercise or diet - as you lose weight everywhere, the belly will go too (although it may take its sweet time - for many of us, the belly is the last to go). See also this thread for what you can do to help the process along: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Your workouts aren't going to do anything in and of themselves to cut fat...you have to consume fewer calories than you require to maintain the status quo to cut fat. And you cannot dictate where fat will come off...it comes off from all over...in most cases, the midsection is a first on, last off proposition.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I was hoping this was about jelly beans.
  • jennnessley
    jennnessley Posts: 7 Member
    How long have you been working out like that? I saw you have been on here for a month. It will take time. Combining exercise and healthy eating is the best way to go. Depending on the size of your ‘jelly belly’ it could take a while to get rid of.

My belly is fairly large. For some reason most of my weight went there. It didn’t go on overnight and it will take longer to get rid of. For me I went from a 38” waist to 52” waist over the span of 3 years. (health issues caused weight gain) I am not counting on seeing much belly loss for at least 3 months.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    What is your current height and weight? Are you logging your meals?
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    You just have to lose that extra fat, so caloric deficit is the answer. In addition you can do planks, sit ups, etc., but the key is in fat loss, which sadly can't be from one area only.
  • 2_FitNFab
    2_FitNFab Posts: 163 Member
    HIIT cardio workouts!