Meal Preppers Thread?

Options

Replies

• susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    How are you guys reheating & serving these prepped meals with hot & cold items in the same box? Thx!

I try to put cold items in a small side container. Otherwise, I just scrape it out into a bowl.
  • roobella
    roobella Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of this but my fridge and freezer storage isn't great
    Though suppose I could try do 2 days at a time for me n my 2 kids
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I NEED ALL THESE RECIPES OMG!
  • grecogab90
    grecogab90 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Following for some ideas!
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Omg I love this! I feel so inspired. I meal prep for the week, and then I also make batches of protein bars (16 at a time that I keep in the freezer, eating about 1 per day).
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    #HoldTheDoor13, seriously impressed with your meal preps! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • lapesadilla
    lapesadilla Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    We're lazy so we do a lot of one-pot meal prep. This week it was a big pot of soup, made with a store-bought chicken bone broth, into which we threw cod fillets, extra firm tofu cubes, broccoli, frozen spinach, shredded carrots, onion, garlic, and fresh ginger, seasoned with 5-spice, with a dollop of hoisin, huy fong chili garlic, and a squirt of lime juice in each bowl. We made soba noodles to add in if we feel like it and kept them on the side. It's not all that photogenic but it fits my macros (low fat, moderate carb) perfectly and it's so hearty and filling. With a half cup of noodles it's less than 400 calories for a huge serving. We've made variations on this soup several times, and this time my fiance felt comfortable enough with it that he did pretty much the whole thing by himself while I slept between night shifts, which is awesome.

I always mean to take pretty meal prep photos like y'all do, but it seems like I always end up doing my prep in the middle of the night on a counter that's half-covered in paperwork, empty beer bottles and a forgotten bunch of overripe bananas, and I don't want MFP to judge me for living like a beast, haha.
  • kellieinkc
    kellieinkc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Following for ideas!
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your meal prep! I used to be really active about prepping my meals, but then I just got sick of doing it. I know I need to step that up, and get back at it. This is inspiring!
  • 1snowlady
    1snowlady Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    just found this thread and love it! I took some ideas and will post picks when I meal prep!
  • AnnaBanana5010
    AnnaBanana5010 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    We're lazy so we do a lot of one-pot meal prep. This week it was a big pot of soup, made with a store-bought chicken bone broth, into which we threw cod fillets, extra firm tofu cubes, broccoli, frozen spinach, shredded carrots, onion, garlic, and fresh ginger, seasoned with 5-spice, with a dollop of hoisin, huy fong chili garlic, and a squirt of lime juice in each bowl. We made soba noodles to add in if we feel like it and kept them on the side. It's not all that photogenic but it fits my macros (low fat, moderate carb) perfectly and it's so hearty and filling. With a half cup of noodles it's less than 400 calories for a huge serving. We've made variations on this soup several times, and this time my fiance felt comfortable enough with it that he did pretty much the whole thing by himself while I slept between night shifts, which is awesome.

I always mean to take pretty meal prep photos like y'all do, but it seems like I always end up doing my prep in the middle of the night on a counter that's half-covered in paperwork, empty beer bottles and a forgotten bunch of overripe bananas, and I don't want MFP to judge me for living like a beast, haha.

Omg that sounds delicious ...
  • Bearblair28
    Bearblair28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Another 3 days of prep down, recipes and nutrition info In this album should anyone want it https://imgur.com/gallery/AevZh thk7s30gciv4.jpeg
    ! 3kie5pofjawb.jpeg
    3wwclwcxckug.jpeg
    cgzzlsf6gs4t.jpeg

What are the recipes? the link isn't working? Thanks!
  • jtsbbqjustin
    jtsbbqjustin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How do you post photos
  • jtsbbqjustin
    jtsbbqjustin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hebasita87 wrote: »
    How long do prepped meals last in fridge? Im always a bit concerned if food sits in my fridge for more than 3 days.

the government standards are if you oppen a can it's 7 days. if you make it from scratch it's 4 days. the first day being the day iot's made so it's today plus 3. cheese is longer

i get worried about bottled dressing.

I meal prep on Sunday to last me until Friday. 5 days of lunches and salads
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    My god. The first post is out of this world.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    6gg2p5fe1j0y.jpeg
    f4cs9h60d5kf.jpeg
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 139 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I try to keep my prep fairly simple. On Sundays I cook a protein, carb, veggie and fat for breakfast and same for lunches. Jerky/greek yogurt/ protein shakes for in between meals. I like to keep dinners more loose and cook something different fresh every night. For sanitary reasons, I only prep four days ahead and Thursday nights I'll prep again for the weekend.
    Here is a recent prep . Breakfast was ground turkey sausage, salsa, hashbrowns, cheese, spinach. Lunch was coconut chicken with broccoli, peppers, jasmine rice. (Daughter's grape Popsicle not included):
    7rcj6flh9fys.jpg
  • Brittfit6
    Brittfit6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ck96l8jpyw5m.jpeg
    This week’s lunch and dinner for my hubby and I, for 3 days
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    OMG people you really like to cook, don't you? Just the though of slaving in the kitchen for hours prepping and packing all these meals send chills thru my spine. I may cook for an extra day (soup, chili or meatloaf), but more than that is not my style. Been cooking for 55 years already and I never enjoy it, and I never will ;) .
    Kudos to you all.
  • erinrosejohnson
    erinrosejohnson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/mkTbKXYd2lcZc2D02

Some beginning meal prep. I have been prepping lunches, dinners, and snacks twice a week for about 4 months. I generally make breakfast each morning or chia pudding overnight.