I've hit the struggle bus!

Options
I lost 30 lbs about 6 months ago. Awesome right, would be awesome if I could continue. I have kept up the same strict diet, same workout routine and have hit a wall. I haven't lose a single pound in the last 6 months.....

Replies

• Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Have you readjusted your goals after losing the 30 pounds?
  • Sarahlouise5A
    Sarahlouise5A Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Your body may need a change, switch your workouts around and try different foods, kick your body into starting again xx
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    As suggested above: Go back to setup, enter your new stats, pick a weekly goal of the closest equivelent of 1% of your body weight, get an updated calorie target. Get a food scale and use it. Log your food intake. Be strict about logging correctly and hitting your calore target - of course it's smart to eat healthily, but it's also smart to eat food you like.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    You need to eat at a deficit.

Your workout routine, how demanding? How much more are you trying to lose?

If you are close to goal, and if you are working hard at body recomposition, you are working on very tight margins. Do you count macros?

If a program works and then quits working, the tendency is to do more of the same, only harder.
    Agree that you need to step back and find your way to the next level.
  • ahmedlaher1973
    ahmedlaher1973 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat . Keep on going .
  • jricka11
    jricka11 Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Thank you all for the responses! I have not changed my goal, diet or workout. I may message some of you to get more insight on your recommendations. I can say o have reduced my daily kcal intake my 300-400kcal. I will research different dietss and workout and give it a try!
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    How is the measuring tape looking? Lost any inches anywhere?

Might need to recalculate how many calories you need at your new weight.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options

Break things down into individual behaviors and habits. Instead of looking at this as an all at once, or all or nothing proposition, find ways to break things down into smaller and more sustainable habits. That makes it much easier to pinpoint where something is not working, and fix it, rather than staring at the whole jumbled mess of NOT WORKING. Plus, when you do backslide, you are less likely to drop everything, just one or two habits, that can then be fixed again. Otherwise, trying to everything at once, means that you are likely to leave out something important (like weighing food), and pay excessive attention to things that aren't. (Like fiber drinks and vinegar)
    Don't demonize foods that don't actually make you feel bad. Obviously if you have food sensitivities avoid those things, but don't cut out all your favorite goodies because they are not "healthy". Think of your calories as a type of currency. You should purchase the nutrient rich stuff first, budget for regular treats, and don't waste any calories on stuff you hate, even if it is theoretically good for you.
    Log EVERYTHING.
    Don't JUST weigh (with a scale is best) everything you eat, also write why you are eating it (i.e, lunchtime, hungry, kind of bored, out with friends, watching tv) and how you are feeling right before, right after and an hour after (hungry, comfortable, normal, full, very full bloated, drowsy, OMG I am so damn sick of this crap I want to throw the whole plate out a window, etc).
    This gives you a baseline pattern for your normal habits and routine. From there, it's just a matter of experimenting. Are you very full after dinner? Cut back on a few things. Does lunch leave you bloated and gassy after an hour, try less or no mayo, and see if there's something you don't mind dropping each meal (fries, or cheese, or maybe only 2 tacos instead of 3).Are you starving an hour after dinner?Maybe more fats during.
    It's amazing how quickly these small and easily sustainable changes will add up to big calorie cuts. Only cut one or two things at a time, until they become habit instead if trying to do everything at once. That way they become individual habits instead of one big "diet".
  • jricka11
    jricka11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    MCA, I keep looking At the tape measure but haven't revisited it. I have strictly just went off of the scale reading and the comparison pictures every month. Ishould measure again and compare. MOMEPRO, all very good advise. I have never eaighed food before, at this point I have just went off of watching and logging calories. I feel like weighing food is a big step. I would have to research how to make this possible while at work and while out. The food log does sound like a good idea with your example of when eating and why and how feeling after.. thank you both!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Weighing good is a big step and a very important step for most people. Your current plan worked when you had more to lose. Now you need to tighten things up, you don't need a special "diet" or workout. You can start by weighing the meals you make at home, then worry about work. Don't use work meals as an excuse not to start. If you take your lunch, you can weigh all that at home.