What “thick” means

Options
mrszig81
mrszig81 Posts: 20 Member
MY definition of thick, from the previous blown up post Is the following :

Thick : a female who is NOT a fitness model, not a Barbie, not just a skinny waist and a fat booty . I’m talking the average woman who has curves , likes to workout but still likes ice cream. A few examples : ashley graham , Megan trainor. Girls who’s ribs don’t stick out when they lay down and who would not qualify to work at hooters . No playboy bunnies or Kim k . Yes all women are beautiful and sexy in their own way but for my own curiosity I’m talking about those men u see at the gym who are model quality and their interest in the average female .

Disclaimer : for those who are not “fit” men, we as females adore you already. I know girls love y’all and honestly I’m a chubby chaser myself and your opinions count too !!!
I am just trying to discredit stereotypes that all fit men that look like ken will only settle for Barbie

Replies

• goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

Also I hate when men call me thick.

Second.

+ women.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Let's just face it and maybe wrap this up. Women are far more forgiving about the physical appearance of men versus the other way around. We all know this. This is why, historically and currently, women have felt the need to develop their b**** muscles, especially when they get older, fatter and/or uglier.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfuBINrZjml73ZeXuzTFcOPexm5wkFwW2ImvL_uiba4s0424gu

qx6kqnlevdjz.gif

Shouldn't you be photographing yourself in skin tight chinos that accentuate your natural thickness while wearing a pastel button down oxford?

Must have made quite the impact with you. That pic was posted like a year ago. :lol:

Also, the shirt was checked. Not pastel.
  • mrszig81
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »
    As someone who has never been described as thick, I have no skin in this game...but the image that comes to my mind is a woman who, while not slender, is shapely and well-proportioned. She may have a softer body (like Ashley Graham) or more more athletic physique (like Serena Williams). While I know BMI is an imperfect guide, I would guess a "thick" woman would fall at the higher end of the healthy range, or within the "overweight" category. An obese woman, might be pushing the limits of what most would consider an attractively "thick" figure...unless she carried her weight particularly well. Of course everyone has their own standards of beauty, and there is beauty in all shapes and sizes.

Agreed.
    Preach.
  • mrszig81
    Options
    Well, men call me thick and I am slimmer than the two celebrities you mentioned. Honestly not tooting my horn. Just saying I don't think all men have the same idea of what that means either.

Well, men call me thick and I am slimmer than the two celebrities you mentioned. Honestly not tooting my horn. Just saying I don't think all men have the same idea of what that means either.

Maybe I should of used the word “average” instead. It’s def not a derragatory term where I am from , but I can see how it can be taken that way. I def think “thick” is a broad definition at this point but my previous post was blowing up with what does thick mean in that particular post and that’s what I was referring too. Def beautiful women of all shapes and sizes
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    Let's just face it and maybe wrap this up. Women are far more forgiving about the physical appearance of men versus the other way around. We all know this. This is why, historically and currently, women have felt the need to develop their b**** muscles, especially when they get older, fatter and/or uglier.

When I got old and saggy ,I thought it was a good idea to buy a beagle. I was hoping to meet men while walking my dog. I guess I should've purchased butt implants instead.

I always felt a chest tattoo paired with a pink tank top would lure them in while strolling on the treadmill before I hit the Jacuzzi.
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »

When I got old and saggy ,I thought it was a good idea to buy a beagle. I was hoping to meet men while walking my dog. I guess I should've purchased butt implants instead.

I always felt a chest tattoo paired with a pink tank top would lure them in while strolling on the treadmill before I hit the Jacuzzi.
    I added this to my to-do list!
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    In the UK, thick means "stupid".

"He's got **** for brains, he's as thick as two short planks, him!"
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    z493g7oga7lr.jpeg
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    It's a size and a shape. I'm quoting myself here.

goatg wrote: »
    Rihanna. Thick shape, thin size, bikini. Thick shape and size other 2.

nqjf3fhvynaa.png

i0mh2n11l7z6.jpg

37jkdu61jpvt.jpg

• drmarctagon
    drmarctagon Posts: 101 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »
    As someone who has never been described as thick, I have no skin in this game...but the image that comes to my mind is a woman who, while not slender, is shapely and well-proportioned. She may have a softer body (like Ashley Graham) or more more athletic physique (like Serena Williams). While I know BMI is an imperfect guide, I would guess a "thick" woman would fall at the higher end of the healthy range, or within the "overweight" category. An obese woman, might be pushing the limits of what most would consider an attractively "thick" figure...unless she carried her weight particularly well. Of course everyone has their own standards of beauty, and there is beauty in all shapes and sizes.

I agree, I actually posted a photo of Ashley Graham in the previous "thick" post that @mrszig81 started. I agree. I also think Serena Williams is thick too. It's not just a size thing, there's a softness to a thick woman too. It doesn't mean unhealthy either.

Thick isn't a derogatory term nor is it an absolute term. I know my visual reference of "thick" might be someone else's "fat" and that's okay. Personally, I don't think the words mean much of anything in the grand scheme of things except in an attempt to classify.
  • BishopWankapin
    BishopWankapin Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

You people don't even know the difference between chips and french fries or biscuits and cookies! Talk about thick!

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif