Calories burned

Options
Can someone explain how many calroes I burn when I do 4 sets of 25 squats each? I read you calculate your weight x's 0.096 but I get a weird total I don't quiet understand. I would really appreciate any help you may have in providing this.

Also while I work I sit in my chair palms on desk and do 5 reps, 10 lifts each, leg lifts and not truly does work my arms, core and legs. So any info on calorie burning with that as well would be great! Ty

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You may want to try another area of the forum for this.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Personally, I'd just do those things to do them and not concern yourself with the energy expenditure...it's not much.

What kind of weird total are you getting with that formula (I've never heard of it)...when I plug in my weight I get about 18 calories...sounds about right, if not a little generous. Were you expecting more?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain how many calroes I burn when I do 4 sets of 25 squats each? I read you calculate your weight x's 0.096 but I get a weird total I don't quiet understand. I would really appreciate any help you may have in providing this.

Also while I work I sit in my chair palms on desk and do 5 reps, 10 lifts each, leg lifts and not truly does work my arms, core and legs. So any info on calorie burning with that as well would be great! Ty

Calisthenics
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Personally, I'd just do those things to do them and not concern yourself with the energy expenditure...it's not much.

Agreed. It's going to be less than you want/think and probably not worth factoring in.
  • TDaddio2
    TDaddio2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It is a reasonable question to ask. Here is my calculation (anyone feel free to correct my errors. It's just my first stab at it).
    Assuming when you squat you move 100 lbs (the mass of your torso) by a distance of 2 ft (1 ft down then 1 ft up). And you do 100 repetitions (25 squats x 4 sets).
    100 lbs x 2 ft x 100 repetitions = 20,000 ft-lbs per session.
    Convert ft-lbs to Calories(nutritional) (use an online conversion tool)
    20,000 ft-lbs = 6.47 Calories(nutritional) per session
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Paul revelia does a good video on youtube about energy burned from lifting. https://youtu.be/37GZIWLArMk