Looking for support! (Isn't everyone?) LOL

Options
Hello everyone!
I joined my fitness pal last week and really love the concept. I am 45 years old and have always been physically fit, until I started back to school to finish up my bachelor's degree 3 years ago. All of a sudden I woke up and had gained 20 pounds that will not come off! I have never had this problem before and know it creeped up on my because of my hectic schedule.
I am looking for anyone out there who is older and has had this happened to them. Have you had success in losing and if so, how did you do it? I am getting nervous because I am very physical and do not eat alot. Nothing seems to work. I am putting my faith in following this plan with exercise, and maybe some help from some of you.
Looking foward to this journey, and learning from everyone.
Thank you!

Replies

• Nickel1969
    Nickel1969 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I know the feeling.. it seems that 16yrs ago I got married and I woke up 80lbs heavier... (minus the 28lbs that I have lost since Oct 2010) which believe me was not easy... and for some reason.. I seem to be in a rut right now... and no matter what I do the scales won't seem to move... It has taken a complete lifestyle change to lose what I have so far.. I exercise at least 5 days a week.. and I have cut my portion sizes in half.. and I try my best to make the healthy choice when it comes to eating right... my family is a major factor in keeping me motivated especially my husband and my sister... They are always there with their encouragment and support... My sister is my main workout partner.. which makes it so much easier to get up off the couch and get moving... Feel free to add me as a "friend" and we can support each other.. Cheers, Nick...
  • Loey17
    Loey17 Posts: 2
    Options
    You got it! Consider yourself added, and if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them. And I will definately be putting anything out there that works for me. :smile: I just got done looking at pictures of me 3 years ago, and I am even more motivated now!

Thanks!
  • cbond74
    cbond74 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You found a wonderful place full of support, motivation and information! Feel free to add me!