Any New Yorkers?

Options
Hey MFP!

Well this is my first entry! My name is Cinthia and I'm 24 years old. I've been fairly oveweight since I was a kid. I moved to florida in 2003 for high school and kept myself at a decent weight (about 135/140) but once I moved back to NY in 2006 I ballooned! I joined MFP and started my weight loss journey on 7/27/11 at a starting weight of 189 pounds. My biggest fear was to look down at the scale and see myself weighing over 200 pounds. I couldn't bear to do that to myself.

I've been on a low carb diet and it has been okay. I'm going to start preparing my meals for work so that I don't get tempted to buy something fast and quick around my job. I'm done with school now so I have a lot of free time. I haven't started my exercise routine just yet. I actually bought some new workout sneakers today (Asics) and I went to my gym (only 2 train stops away) but it was closed! I've decided to wake up early tomorrow so I don't lose any momentum.

I'm really excited because I've never been so motivated to lose weight. My boyfriend of over 4 years tells me he loves me just the way I am but I've been so unhappy these past few years and I can't keep up the facade anymore.

I can do this!

P.S: I would love to eventually meet up with some people and run in central park! I'm not at that point just yet (give me a week or two lol) but if there is any interest or already a group formed let me know!

Replies

• Ambie213
    Ambie213 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi Cinthia! I'm Amber, 26, from Upstate NY. You're probably looking for someone more NYC area, but I figured I'd say hello and introduce myself. I've been overweight my whole life and am currently the healthiest I've been since junior high. I have 2 kids - Adam (2 1/2) and Phoebe (3 1/2 months). When i was pregnant with Adam, I was huge (275lbs) and dropped below prepreg weight of 220 to 195 before getting pregnant with Phoebe. I gained 35 lbs with her and have since lost all of it and am currently 177. My goal is to be around 150, so i still have a little way to go.

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself!

~Amber~
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    welcome. i was born and raised in brooklyn. i've been living in staten island for the last 2 years
  • cindi87
    cindi87 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi Amber! Thank you for the welcome. Your story, along with many others, is very inspirational. Thank you for giving me hope :)
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber! Thank you for the welcome. Your story, along with many others, is very inspirational. Thank you for giving me hope :)

u could do it. the support here is great. they'll be some good days and bad days. i'e been maintaing my weight since january. my husband has lost 205 lbs. check out his website at www.500lbs2marathon.com
  • hlodwig
    hlodwig Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

I'm thinking of starting to run regularly in Central Park when I move back to NYC in 1-half weeks (I live around the Harlem area...), and would be great if there are runs going on together here! Or even tips on running in the park since I'm pretty apprehensive to do so all alone myself!! xx

Louise