Hi! First timer here

Options
Hey first time using this app and taking my health seriously. I’m excited to get back onto a consistent workout routine and nutritional diet. I think my biggest struggle will be my diet, so if you have any great recipes I would really appreciate your input. The one thing I’m going to hate giving up is chicken tenders, fries and coke. Those are always my go-to for when I’ve had a bad day or want a quick bite Lol.

Replies

• Arash_neo
    Arash_neo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome I am new too
  • Sober_Is_Sexy
    Sober_Is_Sexy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Diet is definitely the hardest part. I really do enjoy exercise and could workout all day everyday but want to eat ALL THE FOODS! lol

You got this girl.
  • EvyJames
    EvyJames Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. Welcome and good luck! I’m Evy and also new.
  • ivan040593
    ivan040593 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm also a first timer. I know this good keto chicken salad recipe.
  • Muschisio
    Muschisio Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yep also me, i'm just started 1 month ago.
  • Faygetshealthy_2018
    Faygetshealthy_2018 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well. Diet is important. Since October I hace lost 5.5kgs. Very slow progress. Last month there was no progress so I was really upset since I was training so hard (6days a week and one day active recovery) and weight training. Since Friday last week I downloaded the app and have been tracking my food intake and calorie. I weighed myself this morning 1week later and I lost 1.6kgs. Yep 1.6kgs in a week. This is the most I've ever lost in a week. Even a trainer at the gym said I looked leaner this week! So now I totally believe the saying 80% nutrition and 20% excercise.

You can do this! It will be hard at first but just fight through it and remind yourself why you are doing this. Once you see results and notice the changes in how you feel, you will become addicted into becoming better and healthier.

Feel free to add me if you wish. Good luck!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) I personally couldn't take my health seriously until I stopped thinking all-or nothing and black/white, stopped believing I had to do special, nondescript, difficult and unpleasant things in order to manage weight and health. Healthy eating can be amazingly simple and easy and delicious. Recipes are necessary to replicate specific meals, but an indefinite range of healthy meals can be cooked and composed to your liking, and just as simple or elaborately as you want.

No foods are in themselves healthy or unhealthy, it's about dosage, frequency and context. So you don't have to give up anything, but it's smart to not overdo comfort eating, and to plan ahead so you have a delicious healthy meal waiting when you're hungry.
  • Jordan9211
    Jordan9211 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Get fit in the gym, lose weight in the kitchen.