Well...Here We Go Again

Options
Alright y'all...I gotta be honest here. I'm super skeptical about trying this again but I'm giving it a shot. Last time I tried dieting I didn't tell anyone about it and thought I had to do it all by myself. Well, after a lot of pride swallowing I've come to the conclusion that I need the help and support of others. I'm really looking forward to this time around, it feels different. Well, I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and let you know you'll be hearing from me a lot more (probably to a fault). Can't wait to get started. Any tips, advice, ideas, support, questions, answers, jokes, stories, anecdotes, poems, songs, hints, etc. are welcome. Thanks again everyone!

Replies

• statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Welcome! I would suggest reading through the topics and FYI when you see "bump" it means it will bring it under your topics for later read or follow up. There is so much support here, you just can't fail. See ya around. :smile:
  • gonzo782
    Options
    Hi, thanks for replying. Sorry, I'm a little dense as far this "bump" thing goes. Do you mind expanding on that a little? Thank you so much.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    HI and welcome!! :)

You will love this place, it's great!!

Just a thought for you, you need to look at this as a life change and not as a diet. You want a healthier you, that will never stop. It will have to be a total and complete change. That may seem daunting and too much to really comprehend right now. But just take baby steps, set small goals weekly and then the next week and then the week after and before you know it, it's your routine and it's second nature. YOU can do this!!! :D

** if taking it week by week seems like too much to handle then take it day by day or hour by hour. :D
    Have faith in yourself and in your ability.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    There is no try, only do.

Seriously I understand where you're coming from, I've tried many times, but this time I decided to DO. I may have lost less weight than on fad diets, and more slowly, but I know this weight is staying off, and I KNOW I am healthier. I know I WILL be successful at this. Even my husband is freaked out and impressed by my will/determination.

The key is the decision. Decide to do this, don't decide to try it, and you will find new strength in yourself (for me a little faith doesn't hurt either). Feel free to add me :)
  • gonzo782
    Options
    Wow...I've been on here a few hours and I'm already getting more support than I ever have. This is going to be awesome. Thank you so much for the help, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

"The key is the decision. Decide to do this, don't decide to try it, and you will find new strength in yourself "

Can. Not. Tell. You. How. Much. That. Affected. Me. I've really just been deciding to try this out and see if it works and not really coming to terms with actually doing it. So, thank you very much for the eye-opener right at the beginning, when I probably need it most.

"But just take baby steps, set small goals weekly and then the next week and then the week after and before you know it, it's your routine and it's second nature. YOU can do this!!! "

I think you're totally right on this one starracer. I've got to get this all-or-nothing, full-bore, gung-ho attitude out of my head. It's become a really easy way to fail when I put these ridiculous goals out there and then decide to quit the whole thing when something doesn't pan out. Very good advice, thank you so much.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Right on!!

It's a whole new mind set...and there may be times where you have a bad day or a bad week, but you continue to push forward. There will be obstacles that come up, don't let them deter you. You fight back and you fight harder! :D

YOU are in control!

YOU can do it!

YOU are worth it :)
  • dialysisnurse
    Options
    Hello. I am a trying to lose approximately 15 lbs. Since turning 50, I have put on a few pounds around my waist. Most people say I do not need to lose anything, but I know that I do. My clothes are tight, I have muffin cups, etx. I looking for someone in the Temple/Belton/Morgan's Point area to "buddy" with to lose weight!
  • dialysisnurse
    Options
    Hello. I am a trying to lose approximately 15 lbs. Since turning 50, I have put on a few pounds around my waist. Most people say I do not need to lose anything, but I know that I do. My clothes are tight, I have muffin cups, etx. I looking for someone in the Temple/Belton/Morgan's Point area to "buddy" with to lose weight!