Kiss my *kitten* goodbye (Closed Group)

Options
Our name says it all! Other teams should get a good look from behind us so enjoy the view!

Replies

• myurk
    myurk Posts: 108
    Options
    Love it!
  • kobunski
    kobunski Posts: 18
    Options
    I love it too!!!! :)
  • sephetlia
    sephetlia Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Is there a place where we can see exactly what we are going to be competing in? I thought I remembered reading general outlines at some point but now I can't remember precisely what was on the list.

So, so excited! :)
  • kobunski
    Options
    Where do we find out the goals of our team? I'm interested in only losing up to 5 pounds and about 5% bmi. I'd be interested to see if amount of exercize or steps was included.
  • craftykelly
    craftykelly Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Whoo hoo! It is on like Donkey Kong!!!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    WAT U GUN DO?!
  • fldillon
    fldillon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't have the full details yet, but the original thread can be found here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/299772-team-challenge-beginning-august-1st-open-to-all
  • sephetlia
    Options
    Thanks for the link! Can't wait to see the exact rules/goals for this thing. I'm sure our team is up to the challenge! :)
  • cvstokke
    cvstokke Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    we need a smack talk thread!
  • fldillon
    Options
    Here is my recipe for my Spinach and Mushroom Omlette. Easy to make, high in protein and nutrients, and absolutely delicious! I'll be posting another recipe this week as well!

Calories: 187
    Carbs: 6 g
    Fat: 10 g
    Protein: 22 g
    Sodium: 533 mg
    Fiber: 2g

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/fldillon/view/my-love-affair-with-spinach-frank-s-spinach-and-mushroom-egg-white-omlette-128590
  • cvstokke
    Options
  • CINDYLOU1966
    CINDYLOU1966 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin spice cookies Ingredients
    1 box Spice Cake Mix
    1 15 oz can unsweetened pumpkin
    1 C. Mini Semisweet chocolate chips Directions
    Preheat oven to 350. Spray cookie sheet with Pam. Ina a large bowl, stir cake mix and pumpkin together until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Use a cookie scoop or spoon to drop tablespoons of dough on cookie sheet. Bake for 12 -14 minutes. Remove to cooling rack after 1 min on sheet.
    This will make 48 cookies Nutritional Info

Servings Per Recipe: 48
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 65.2

Total Fat: 1.8 g
    Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
    Sodium: 70.9 mg
    Total Carbs: 11.0 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.5 g
    Protein: 0.8 g
    9 minutes ago · Like
  • mcg6242
    mcg6242 Posts: 84
    Options
    Here is my recipe! It goes Great with uncle bens roasted chicken flavor rice.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-honey-mustard-chicken/detail.aspx?src=3811_37
  • sephetlia
    Options
    Pesto mozzadillas!

This recipe is just for one serving (one tortilla stuffed).

1 tortilla - 210 calories, 32 carbs, 6 fat, 7 protein
    .1 cup of pesto (homemade or store bought, either is fine) - 120 cal., 3 carbs, 12 fat, 2 protein
    1/3 c. part-skim mozzarella cheese - 80 cal., 0 carbs, 6 fat, 7 protein
    1/2 c. spinach, raw - 3 calories
    Tomatoes, diced (a couple of slices' worth) - 11 cal., 2 carbs, 1 protein

You need a skillet for this and that's it. Spray the skillet with whatever you use or EVOO, whichever you prefer. Toss the tortilla in there and line one half of it with the pesto. Add tomatoes and spinach, and sprinkle with cheese. Fold the other half of the tortilla on top and flip until both sides of the tortilla are browned and the cheese is melted. The pesto packs a lot of fat, but I just love these!
  • kobunski
    Options
    I will post my favorite recipe soon..just wanted to say..I love seeing our logo on this thread! Thanks for letting me make it!:happy:
  • fldillon
    Options
    I have to figure out how to add it to my sig =)
  • jhigginb
    jhigginb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Here's my recipe!

Healthy Vegan Eggplant Parmesan
    Ingredients:
    1 large eggplant, sliced into thin rounds

Breadcrumbs
    4 slices whole wheat bread
    ½ tablespoon dried basil
    ½ tablespoon dried thyme
    ½ tablespoon dried oregano
    1 teaspoon salt

Batter
    ¾ cup whole wheat flour 1 tablespoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon paprika
    1 cup soy milk
    1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

Marinara
    ½ tablespoon olive oil
    ½ yellow onion, chopped
    ½ teaspoon salt
    4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    2 large tomatoes, diced
    ½ tablespoon basil
    ½ tablespoon thyme
    ½ tablespoon oregano
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1- 14 oz can plain tomato sauce

Cheese Sauce (from my ‘Fast and Easy Vegan Alfredo Sauce’ recipe)
    1/3 cup raw cashews
    4 tablespoons vegan butter (I use earth balance, but margarine will do if that’s what you have)
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon salt
    ½ cup soy or almond milk

Directions:

Preheat oven 400 degrees fahrenheit

1. In a large bowl, place sliced eggplant and sprinkle with some salt being sure to coat all slices, set aside for 30 or so minutes so the eggplant can sweat out some moisture. After 30 minutes, you can also press each slice between a paper towel to remove some more of the moisture.

2. On a large baking sheet, place 4 slices of bread in preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until crispy and toasted all the way through, but not burnt. Remove bread from oven and let cool; leave oven at 400.
    3. With a rolling pin, crush the bread on the baking sheet into a sand-like consistency to make the breadcrumbs.
    4. Combine the breadcrumbs with the breadcrumb spices, mixing them thoroughly, spread the breadcrumb mixture on a large plate and set aside.

5. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, garlic powder, paprika, milk and vinegar.
    6. Take an eggplant slice and dip it completely in the batter mixture, make sure the the eggplant is completely covered in batter, but let any excess batter drip off.
    7. Next, lay each side of the battered eggplant on the breadcrumb plate so that it is completely covered with crumbs, then place the eggplant on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
    8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 for all of the eggplant slices.
    9. Place baking sheet in oven for 20 minutes. At about 10 minutes, turn the eggplants over on their other side. When the eggplants are done, breadcrumbs should be crispy and brown.

10. In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion garlic and salt and cook until the onion is translucent.
    10. Add diced tomatoes, oregano, thyme, basil and chili powder and heat for about 3 minutes.
    11. Add the tomato sauce and reduce heat to simmer; adjust salt if necessary

12. In a food processor, grind the cashews into a sand-like consistency, be sure not to grind them too long or they will turn to cashew butter.
    13. In a large saucepan over medium heat, add butter, garlic and salt.
    Once the butter is melted, add the soy milk and cashews and heat until the sauce is the desired consistency; anywhere from 1 to 3 minutes. If you want a thicker sauce, heat longer. If the sauce gets too thick, you can always add more soy milk.
    14. Adjust salt to taste.

15. On each plate, place 3 eggplant slices, cover with marinara and top with alfredo sauce. Serve Immediately.

Makes 4 servings
    Prep time: 30 minutes
    Cook time: 30 minutes
  • cvstokke
    Options
    I will post my favorite recipe soon..just wanted to say..I love seeing our logo on this thread! Thanks for letting me make it!:happy:

thanks for making it! it rocks!
  • Steph1015
    Steph1015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Steph1015
    Steph1015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Not-ka pasta serves 4
    371 calories

2 tsp EVOO
    2 garlic cloves
    1/2 chopped red onion
    3/4 tsp salt
    1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
    red pepper flakes
    8 oz Penne
    1/4 Cup whipped cream
    6 TBSP evaporated non fat milk
    1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
    1/4 cup shredded basil
    1/8 tsp black pepper

1. Bring a pot of salted water to boil
    2. In a large saucepan, heat the EVOO with the garlic over low heat until the garlic starts to brown, Add the onion and 1/4 tsp of the salt ,cover, and cook till the onion is soft. Add the tomato,1/2 tsp of the salt and the red pepper. Bring to a simmer,reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the cream and evaporated milk and stir for 1 minute.
    3. After the sauce has cooked for 5 minutes, add the penne to the boiling water and cook till shy of al dente. Drain, reserve about 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Add the drained pasta to the sauce and simmer till pasta is al dente. add the pasta cooking water if mixture is dry. Stir in the 1/4 cup of the parmesan ,basil and the black pepper.
    4. Divide and serve the pasta into 4 equal portions. Drizzle with 1/2 tsp of EVOO and the remaining parmesan.