Vague thread

Options

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I sent you two kind, friendly messages over the last couple of months that went unread. It makes me feel less sensitive to your self woe that pops up now and then. People do care, you just have to let them.

if you are not friends they may not have gotten them, the pm system is a bit wonky at the moment due to spam battles, they are working on it

Well I'm gonna go with this. *shakes fist at mailbox* *follows up fist shake with narrowed eye glare* * yells "WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO!" "Eats waffles".

I will make sure they try this :)
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I sent you two kind, friendly messages over the last couple of months that went unread. It makes me feel less sensitive to your self woe that pops up now and then. People do care, you just have to let them.

if you are not friends they may not have gotten them, the pm system is a bit wonky at the moment due to spam battles, they are working on it

This explains a lot, although I assumed that was the case since MFP is so glitchy. Besides, I don't like to feel like I'm being ignored and like to give folks the benefit of the doubt....so yeah. He didn't get my heartfelt messages. :(
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

That's great actually, there was a few that I really regretted sending in mfp rage, no karma lost here I guess lol
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'd rather use smoke signals than have to chat through Words With Friends.

Ugh. Words with friends. That brings back bad memories
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options

That's great actually, there was a few that I really regretted sending in mfp rage, no karma lost here I guess lol

Your stellar reputation is still in tact, no worries!
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options

Oh! That's a pretty good explanation. I'm still going to hold a grudge until the end of time, though.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

Your stellar reputation is still in tact, no worries!

This is great.... With a 5 to 1 ratio, I can send out explicits and rages and play Russian mfp roulette :shrugemojiguy: lol
  • poetic_cell
    poetic_cell Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Wait for it, wait for it
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »

Oh! That's a pretty good explanation. I'm still going to hold a grudge until the end of time, though.

Just connect and use kik or IG or messenger or something. My take, anyway. Idk, there's probably better ones I'm old.

MFP messages can be unreliable imo.

It is just not designed to be a messenger app...like they shoved in an email system that just has issues.

Plus, mods can probably read your PMs. Not that it is bad, they would need to be able to police the site and figure out mean tricksters, spammers, etc. I dont know that that is true, but what I guess.

Not like they care, though. Why would they? Omg omg somebody said good morning!

Just something to keep in mind imo.

How do I get someone's Kik, IG, etc if I can't PM them to ask for it?

Well, if they want to talk to their friends for legitimate reasons they might include it on their profile.

Putting info like that on your profile is exactly how you get unsolicted d

Just connect and use kik or IG or messenger or something. My take, anyway. Idk, there's probably better ones I'm old.

It is just not designed to be a messenger app...like they shoved in an email system that just has issues.

Plus, mods can probably read your PMs. Not that it is bad, they would need to be able to police the site and figure out mean tricksters, spammers, etc. I dont know that that is true, but what I guess.

How do I get someone's Kik, IG, etc if I can't PM them to ask for it?

Well, if they want to talk to their friends for legitimate reasons they might include it on their profile.

Putting info like that on your profile is exactly how you get unsolicted d

Aids too

Perfect
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options
    Also, for anyone following this conversation: mods can still be reached by pm even if we are not friends, so please don't publicly air grievances because you think we can't be reached.
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Well, there you are.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options

eff that, we dont even have time to monitor all the forums, (and mods cant read pms not sent to us)
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Lol.. They removed that quickly...

What's a matter, I like kittens and cupcakes :lol:

Nvm wrong thread :grimace:
This discussion has been closed.