Cellulite tips

Options
u5xqh8694b8x.jpg
u9gm8ygpaa4u.jpg

Hey guys, I'm 5'3 137 pounds. Currently eating on a calorie deficit and doing light exercise. Do you have any tips on how to reduce the appearance of cellulite and the roll under my butt? It's definitely what I'm most insecure about.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is a genetic thing :/ I found that losing weight helped but more so it was exercise that really helped mine improve (Running/cycling and strength training.)
  • goldfish29
    goldfish29 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is mainly genetic which sucks. I had cellulite at age 13 when I was 110lbs! As I've aged and gained significant weight and lost weight and gained weight and lost weight well, it's gotten bad. When I'm closest to my goal weight it looks better. I also have the roll which I call my "double butt"! I like to do Butt Bible videos on you tube. When I'm religious about sticking with those my butt starts to lift which helps the roll and helps reduce the appearance of cellulite. I imagine real weight training would be even better. I wish I could get rid of mine. I'm not a large person but I have deep craters on my butt and thighs :'(
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 147. Mine looks similar. Weight training and weight loss have helped but it's always there. I've noticed it looks better at certain weights and always better with a tan.
  • guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" 133 lbs and my body looks a lot like yours. I have the same issue :/ I have recently started weightlifting (which terrifies me lol) so hopefully that helps! I also run a lot in the summer and I have noticed that when my legs are more toned, it's less noticeable. Someone recommended dry brushing to me, but I have never tried it. Be sure to post if you find something else that works because I would love to find a good solution to this. Also you are beautiful! <3
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Im the same height and youre at my goal <3 Since there is no such thing as spot reducing, the only thing you can do is lose more weight and/or has been mentioned, weight train which makes muscles larger, and more defined when body fat % is lower. Nothing wrong with taking that body to the beach :smile:
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    losing some weight and weight lifting/strength training helped a lot for me
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have the rolls too. So annoying. As I am grtting closer to my goal weight they are getting smaller but they don't appear to ever be disappearing completely. I only have about 5-10 pounds to go, and based on how they've changed during my 60lbs loss, I don't think much more is going to change with them. I figure they are my stubborn spots that go last? I don't think I am willing to get down to the size that might make them go away completely.
    As far as cellulite, it's gotten much better since losing weight but I still have some. Again, I think it's just part of who I am. I try not to let it bug me anymore!
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Strength training.
  • katereesekr9899
    katereesekr9899 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!
  • betty_veronica4
    betty_veronica4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It's pretty much genetic, but I find it less noticeable when I have been running consistently.

Great suit, by the way!