Weird places you notice fat loss?

Options
infamousmk
infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
I've been noticing while losing this first ten pounds that my body is changing shape in interesting ways. I have noticed my shin bones are more predominant, and my knees feel more boney. I've also noticed that the mushy, chunky line of fat down either side of my spine has all but disappeared all the way down my back.

I don't expect to start seeing major changes in my butt, thighs, stomach any time soon, and I wasn't suprised to see a visible change in my face, but every now and then I'll look down or feel a spot and say, "wait a tick .. that's quite toned compared to a couple months ago!"

Where have you noticed the strange 'first loss' taking place?

Replies

• morganginga
    morganginga Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The first place I really noticed toning up was my stomach. I still have a long way to go, but it's nice to be able to see some progress.
  • mwomack95
    Options
    my feet, i went down half a shoe size. i think a lot of it was water retention...but it was unexpected. and made me smile!!
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I noticed it in my feet!!
  • MissaUndead
    Options
    Me too, I have been noticing little things and I love it! I can actually see my ankles, I can see the veins in my feet! I can actually see my chin. My shirts hang lower since my shoulders and back have slimmed down. ^_^
  • hunterzmomma
    Options
    definitely my arms!
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I now have collar bones LOL
  • Brannock8
    Brannock8 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Kind of a gross one, but...belly button depth haha
  • Stagezz
    Stagezz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Not sure but definitly not in my butt and thighs! lol Wish they would slim down...
  • jmcjamie
    jmcjamie Posts: 82
    Options
    my but i can feel the done when i sit on a hard chair ouch!!
  • Obstinate07
    Options
    I noticed weight loss in my wrist and hands.
  • SuperSueg1
    SuperSueg1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine who is a pe teacher and really into fitness told me you start losing weight on the last part you gained it. This kind of upset me since the first place I noticed gaining it was my stomach so if what she says is true I will lose that area last!

I think I have noticed it mostly in my lower legs, my husband is calling me bird legs again!
  • KrissyChefBaby
    KrissyChefBaby Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm quite a blind bat when it comes to noticing change unless its major so I don't expect to be noticing a change in my body anyime soon. BUT when I DO notice, I'll know its huge! :) That makes me happy. WTG everybody!!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    My arms and my stomach.
  • triunu
    triunu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My fingers, and i didn't think you could fatten them up!
  • sineadangele1
    sineadangele1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i keep losing weigt in my fingers. before i joined mfp my ring size was a 7 and it would be tough to slide that on and off. few weeks into my weightloss journey i had to get my engagement ring resized to a 6. Now my engagement ring is too big and i'm scared its going to slip off my finger lol time to get it resized again!
  • meowmily
    meowmily Posts: 85
    Options
    I noticed it in my feet!!

me too! haha
  • JacquieDee
    Options
    Wow! Funny you asked.

I first noticed in my face/neck; I've lost a shoe size, from 10 to 9. Lately, I'm noticing I have a waistline. Belly is shrinking; yet I have a ways to go :smile:
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    my fingers are slimmer and my rings spin around now instead of leaving imprints where they were too tight. :D
  • ladybug11
    ladybug11 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, my fingers and my feet. Lost a whole size in each! Can you say new shoe wardrobe? Oh, yeah!
  • MissaUndead
    Options
    My belly button isn't covered by flab anymore!! O_O
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!