Frustrated *pouts*

Options
So I started out at 124 with a goal of 110...and I GAINED a pound. I know this will sound awful--but I went on this crash-course diet of suddenly eating a full lunch to eating nothing but yogurt (I had breakfast--but I leave at 6, so breakfast is pretty early) until I got home around 7 when I would eat a small dinner: meat, bread, fruit.

I have been doing this for about 2 weeks now. I got on the scale: 125. *sigh*

Did I mention I work-out for an hour every day? And that I can do more push-ups than my boyfriend?

What am I doing wrong? Please help! :frown:

~Alex

148497.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• princessness9126
    Options
    So I started out at 124 with a goal of 110...and I GAINED a pound. I know this will sound awful--but I went on this crash-course diet of suddenly eating a full lunch to eating nothing but yogurt (I had breakfast--but I leave at 6, so breakfast is pretty early) until I got home around 7 when I would eat a small dinner: meat, bread, fruit.

I have been doing this for about 2 weeks now. I got on the scale: 125. *sigh*

Did I mention I work-out for an hour every day? And that I can do more push-ups than my boyfriend?

What am I doing wrong? Please help! :frown:

~Alex

148497.png
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    well for starters eat 1200 calories in the very least........try more veggies and fresh fruit as well...do u drink your water?
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    You have to feed your body the calories it needs. Go into tools and calculate your BMR. Let MFP set your calories and then EAT them. This is such a great site - and you will learn soooo much here about being healthy!:happy: Are you logging your food? Drinking your water?

Welcome! Good luck with your journey:flowerforyou:
  • NeilinOz
    Options
    i think u need to eat more to stimualte yr metabolism, drink lots of water etc ..
    u may also be gaining muscle and losing fat so gaining weight
    oh and u need a new bf if u can do more pushups than him ...

cheers from australia
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Why are you on a crash diet? :huh: It seems that you've already identified the problem.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    your body is protecting itself by retaining all the weight....you are in starvation mode...EAT to lose
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    If you are not eating and also working out, you body will burn up you muscle. You need to eat, crash diets are not going to work.
  • mink13
    mink13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    wow everyone is giving great advice. i would also like to add to the mix fiber! fiber is great for you and a wonderful weightloss support.147389.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • gone2gym2befit
    Options
    Your body is going to hold on to every calorie you ingest if you eat that way, especially if you are working out for an hour a day. A yogurt is not a meal, but it is a good before bed snack as the casein in dairy products is a slowly absorbed protein source that fuels your body as you sleep, when normally your body would be in starvation mode during the 8 to 12 hour fast you experience until you refuel at breakfast. Go back to your full lunch and if you can, try breaking the same amount of food into a small meal w/ a snack a few hours later. Dinner at 7pm is too long after lunch to eat nothing at all. Every time you eat carbs, try having a little protein w/ it to slow the digestion of the carbs and keep you feeling full longer. Drink water throughout the day too.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options

What am I doing wrong?

~Alex

148497.png

Starving.
    :flowerforyou:
  • metalpalace
    Options
    Eat more food. You should be eating enough to create a ten percent calorie deficit. Go too much into deficit it becomes harder to loose fat. But, you will loose muscle which means you will burn less calories at rest and create an internal biological environment ideal for EASY weight gain. So perhaps thats why you gained a pound. Eat more, and eat frequent smaller meals throughout the course of the day. At night focus on meat and veggies rather than carbohydrates. Exercise about two to three hours after you last eat something. My advice is ideal for a normal healthy adult without diabetes or any thyroid issues. I hope it helps.
  • princessness9126
    Options
    Noted! I will definitely try to keep up with what I my body needs! Thank you!

~Alex

148497.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter