Anyone ever tried HCG drops?

A friend of mine has been using them and recommended them to me. I'm currently doing the research on them to see if I want to give it a go but wondered if any of you have tried them before & if so, did it work for you??

Replies

• phnx72
    phnx72 Posts: 47 Member
    If you research them you'll realize that they do absolutely nothing. Even if you think about it, if they really do help you lose, why would you need to consume so few calories? A friend of mine tried it and was also taking birth control and had serious adverse reactions.
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    I tried them and I DO NOT reccomend them at all.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    I don't think it's a good idea. Anything that has you only eating 500 calories a day is a "quick fix"....you'll lose quickly, but the weight will just come back. I would put a lot of thought into it before starting any fad diet.
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    500 calories a day?? NOT wise.
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    You are restricted to 500 calories a day.
    My friend did it and she was starving all the time.
    She went off of it finally and very quickly gained it all back and then some.

Just use MFP, get involved in the community, eat right, ask questions, and do it slowly.
    You didn't put it on overnight, it isn't going to come off overnight either.

If you make the change to your lifestyle, then it will stick. If you wanna just use a fad diet that will make you sick and frustrated in the end, then I guess that is your choice.

I hope you get the answers you want.

Good luck with your journey.
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    It is temporary weight loss from starving yourself with 300-500 calories a day. My mom has been doing it for awhile, but always gains back when she stops. (not to mention she doesn't look so great when she is on it....she always looks really pale.)
    I wouldn't do it if I were you, since it is temporary. No one can take drops and eat that low and survive for the rest of their life.
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    I had horrible side effects from them such as headaches, dizziness, fainting (more than a few times) shakiness. Not a good way to lose weight. Everyone that I have known thats tried them has gained all their weight right back. I was miserableon this diet and gave up after a week. DON'T DO IT! Eating better and exercising will get you skinny and STRONG! You don't want to be skinny and WEAK!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    It's made from pregnant lady pee. I'm not joking.

And you should use the "search" function. You'll find lots of info.
  • ambercholtz
    ambercholtz Posts: 84 Member
    Oh good! I was hoping for a review on those. I'm glad there was one so I won't invest in them..
  • my friend tried it. She say's it works. However I think it's about about portion control? What are you doing now for weight lose?
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    I"ve been thinking of trying it since my cousins have lost a lot of weight on it and have maintained their loss. I was skeptical too but now I"m thinking of trying it! I may just do it for a month and see how it goes.
  • I wasn't planning on only eating the 500 calories a day as that diet goes. I'm going to stick with what I was doing, but considered adding the drops along with my regular routine. Just wanted to hear from others who have maybe tried it.

On a side not. I didn't realize there was a "search" function on here. Lesson learned by getting my head bitten off!!!
  • I think if you were to try it with a really good dr that is into helping you be your best it may work to jump start your weight loss. My dr will do them, restrict your diet to 500 calories a day (which sounds low, but you should not be hungry if you are eating right--lots of raw fruits and veggies and protein ---like a small chicken breast and a huge salad for lunch---it will fill you up). My dr requires you to come in weekly for a check up and meet with a dietitian before, during, and after the program.

However, my dr will only to this "diet" after everything else doesn't work. I would say go talk to your dr about it and see if it is a for you. Everyone's body is different and will respond accordingly.

Good luck in your life style change!!! :)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Geeze! That was rude! Sorry! I'm brand new to this site. Give me a freakin break!

It's just that this topic comes up literally 2 or more times a day (i wouldn't be surprised if there was another topic or two about it by the time I click Post). This is a fitness website, aimed at *fitness* - making your body strong and healthy; whereas HCG will do the opposite. So it's a pretty touchy subject around here.
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Oh my freakin goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PANTSSSSSSSSSS...PANTS, PANTS PANTS PANTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS..GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..WHEW..I feel so much better now..*sigh*
  • phnx72
    phnx72 Posts: 47 Member
    I think if you were to try it with a really good dr that is into helping you be your best it may work to jump start your weight loss. My dr will do them, restrict your diet to 500 calories a day (which sounds low, but you should not be hungry if you are eating right--lots of raw fruits and veggies and protein ---like a small chicken breast and a huge salad for lunch---it will fill you up). My dr requires you to come in weekly for a check up and meet with a dietitian before, during, and after the program.

However, my dr will only to this "diet" after everything else doesn't work. I would say go talk to your dr about it and see if it is a for you. Everyone's body is different and will respond accordingly.

Good luck in your life style change!!! :)

I fully respect your right to do this and I don't mean this in a bad way at all, but isn't there a point where you should just eat right and exercise as best you can for you? Even if the weight never came off? Your doctor is willing to let you take these drops which have very little research done on them and the research that has been done says that it works just as well as a placebo (I did my research using PubMed btw.) 500 calories a day just seems really awful, but I do hope the best for you and your weight loss journey.
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    It's a homeopathic remedy. Don't spend your money on it.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Um no... Hell no... Lets see, would I rather starve myself by only eating 500 calories a day, eventually go off of it and gain it all back if not more.. OR would I rather eat 1500-1800 calories a day, work out and get fit and healthy and do it forever and keep the weight off? I think I will take number 2 for 200 Alex.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Oh my freakin goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PANTSSSSSSSSSS...PANTS, PANTS PANTS PANTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS..GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..WHEW..I feel so much better now..*sigh*

LMFAO!! I love you Von!....oh, wait, this topic had a purpose? Ok, guess I could reply to it...

DON'T DO IT!!! They are not good, you WILL gain back double what you lost if you are not insanely careful, and I don't know about you, but I'm not into drinking pee or pituitary glands, which is where it comes from, so....