Long and Short-term goals?

Options
kkimpel
kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
edited March 2018 in Motivation and Support
What is one thing you are doing at this moment that will further your short or long-term goals? I am not stressing and not indulging in all or nothing thinking. (I had a croissant for breakfast. Not in keeping with my short-term goal, but, by not stressing over it and making the rest of the day healthy choices helps to meet my long-term goal, of peace of mind and strength of spirit!)

Replies

• Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Short term goal is to lose weight at a slower pace, as I approach maintenance. It's weird after months of eating 1200-1300 calories to be able to eat 1500. I lost a steady 2lbs per week for months. Aiming for .5lb a week now. So my goal, which I am struggling with, is to eat more food! Trying to stay at this for life, need to make sure my choices are healthy and sustainable!!

Long term goal is to be more fit over all...so I am changing my gym routine to start focusing on building muscle and strength. I reaaaallllyyyy want to be able to do an unassisted pull up by summer!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    My short-term goal is to JUMP into outdoor activity this coming spring. I've already made a nice start with walking outdoors every time it's dry and above 40 degrees...but I want to do so much hiking & exploring this spring, summer, and fall. Winter does a number on me and I feel it. Even if the scale says the same (I'm in "sort of maintenance" maintaining a 130+ pound loss) I look and feel much better when I'm active and I don't do gyms.

My long-term goal of course is to keep maintaining my weight loss and just general health. Staying on track with my nutrition is my main plan for doing this. I usually eat restaurant meals 3-4 times in a week and for me that is the struggle. I have a very good, tried & true game plan for almost every type of dining out situation, but I still feel like I'm playing catch up a lot afterward...so I am really trying to cut it back a little bit, my husband and I used to go out for lunch on Sundays and now we don't. Sounds so minor but I know it will help!

I have also struggled with all or nothing thinking (in all areas of life due to GAD) and I hear you, kkimpel.
  • kkimpel
    Options
    Yes, on outside. I am taking every opportunity. I live in wine country CA and we have so many lovely parks and trails here. I start a hiking class this weekend. I was surprised to find all of the outdoor activities, mostly free, but you have to sign up early, near me. Wildflower hikes, bird spotting hikes, kayaks.. all kinds of stuff. Eating out is always a struggle before I go in I say, "There is always something you can eat on the menu" .. salads or there are always salads.
  • pamfin
    pamfin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    kkimpel wrote: »
    Yes, on outside. I am taking every opportunity. I live in wine country CA and we have so many lovely parks and trails here. I start a hiking class this weekend. I was surprised to find all of the outdoor activities, mostly free, but you have to sign up early, near me. Wildflower hikes, bird spotting hikes, kayaks.. all kinds of stuff. Eating out is always a struggle before I go in I say, "There is always something you can eat on the menu" .. salads or there are always salads.

Wildflower hikes sound amazing!

• kkimpel
    Options
    Right! I am so stoked. On the other side of it, we had devastating wildfires in October. This is one reason for so many wildflower walks and hikes. There will be some that are rarely seen, except after fire. My beautiful mountains are starting to green up in places, but the scars will be around for awhile. Still, great that so many parks have opened back up and are ready to explore!