nEEDING MOTIVATION

Options
STARTING TO COMFORT EAT MORE AND MORE AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHY?! I AM PILING ON THE WEIGHT AND NOW WEIGH OVER 12 STONE...

MOTIVATION PLEASE. XX

Replies

• fb1960
    fb1960 Posts: 23
    Options
    Perhaps the motivation will come from doing some deeper introspection (emotional examination) on why, coupled with some viewing of exercise program (logical examination) infomercials! :) Just sayin'
  • donnaselene
    Options
    Hi Michaela, take a look at what is making you snack/confort eat, you might be due you Period. The worst thing to do is beat yourself up about it. Make tomorrow a new day, add some healthy snacks to your fridge and go out have a fun day, distract yourself from snacking. I like to go shopping or even a walk in the park with a healthy picnic, if im feeling totally crap i have my hair or nails done. Chin up and remember you are not alone.
  • Cchappell10
    Options
    Hey Michaela!
    Comfort eating is sooo tough. Just think of how you'll look when you can put your mind to it and lose that extra weight!
    When you are dying to go for junk food, but you know you aren't actually hungry, try chugging a full 8 ounces of water. If that doesn't work, they say our cravings only last 15 minutes, so set a timer and try to occupy yourself for 15 minutes and see if it passes. And, of course, if you can make yourself do any kind of exercise (which is the hardest to do when you want to go to the pantry), that is the BEST thing to do. And then, once you've finished, you don't wanna waste the workout you just did by putting junk food in your body. Good luck, I totally know where you are coming from. Feel free to friend me, I'll do my best to help keep your motivation up.
  • michaelabridezilla
    Options
    I don't understand.. I am a bit dumb so could you dumb that down for me. xx
  • derrickr333
    Options
    I saw that you needed motivation. I can say that is something we can all use at times. You have already taken the first step in asking for help. My wife Trish (icandothistrish) is great in that department. She motivates me everyday by her actions. Think about why you want to change, and be healthy. You know you can do it, otherwise you wouldn't be here. Push yourself a little more each day and you'll hit your goals. Go for it.
  • michaelabridezilla
    Options
    Hi thank you I don't know how to friend someone on here but will try. xx
  • derrickr333
    Options
    I saw that you needed motivation. I can say that is something we can all use at times. You have already taken the first step in asking for help. My wife Trish (icandothistrish) is great in that department. She motivates me everyday by her actions. Think about why you want to change, and be healthy. You know you can do it, otherwise you wouldn't be here. Push yourself a little more each day and you'll hit your goals. Go for it.
  • michaelabridezilla
    Options
    I am thinking of just snacking on nuts and seeds or brown bread/cereals or yoghurts. xx
  • michaelabridezilla
    Options
    Thank you. I used to be so thin and a size 8 now I am so fat and a size 14. x
  • irefusetoquit
    Options
    That's a start. Going with natural foods is a way to do it. Almonds, dates, nuts, raisins. All are good for you.
    Just follow the portions.

Research the foods. Just about everything you want to know is right here on myfitnesspal.
  • michaelabridezilla
    Options
    That's a start. Going with natural foods is a way to do it. Almonds, dates, nuts, raisins. All are good for you.
    Just follow the portions.

Research the foods. Just about everything you want to know is right here on myfitnesspal.

Thank you. xx