Best benefit to being awakened(veganism)

Options
Share the biggest change in your life and what your reason for becomming vegan. Environment, compassion, health....

I went vegan 2 years ago for compassionate reasons, and have noticed a huge improvement in my health and perception of the world. I find myself thinking alot more about what matters in life.

Replies

• WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I've always figured the best benefit would be the super powers as shown in that documentary, Scott Pilgrim vs the World.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    The biggest benefit is no longer having to struggle to justify to myself why I'm not vegan. Freed up a tremendous amount of mental and emotional energy for me.

I've been vegan for about ten years, for ethical reasons.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Probably the best benefit is not having to worry about whether or not I'm getting sufficient protein or not, since I acquired so many new people who keep me on track by asking every day.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    fuzzylop72 wrote: »
    Probably the best benefit is not having to worry about whether or not I'm getting sufficient protein or not, since I acquired so many new people who keep me on track by asking every day.

:D
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    fuzzylop72 wrote: »

Not Vegan but :D:D:D:D:D
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I went vegan in Jan 2017 for ethical reasons (for the animals) but I learnt the health benefits later. Love how I feel physically!

I also started caring an awful lot more about the environment and that side of things. Even things not directly linked with veganism but have similar groups of people. From someone who didn't give a single thought to even basic recycling at the time (my partner dealt with it all - I wouldn't have by choice) and now I'm here like all the land used for the livestock! All the plastic in the ocean! Overpopulation! I think it's crazy when you consider how much people can change over time and what they can be passionate about once they open their mind to it.
  • jennibabie87
    jennibabie87 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I went vegan after watching earthlings
  • jennibabie87
    jennibabie87 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I went vegan after watching earthlings

Don’t know why only one sentence went through but hey :) well I don’t regret going vegan at all and don’t miss bacon any bit!! I have so much more energy now and solved my lady problems :) Can’t recommend it enough to everyone, now if I could get someone to actually listen to me that’d be cool :)
  • cougleopard
    cougleopard Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd love to go vegetarian and eventually vegan. But I dislike vegetables and the learning curve as to what to combine to get all the correct nutrients frightens me to be honest. Now if I were rich I'd just hire a professional chef to do all the work for me. Then I could just pull up a chair and eat some good nutritious foods.
  • rawvegpower
    rawvegpower Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'd love to go vegetarian and eventually vegan. But I dislike vegetables and the learning curve as to what to combine to get all the correct nutrients frightens me to be honest. Now if I were rich I'd just hire a professional chef to do all the work for me. Then I could just pull up a chair and eat some good nutritious foods.

I know there are people out there that say you need a to take these certain supplements to be healthy, but I havent tracked my supplements I take a mens multi every so ofter and when I get my bloodwork done it’s always within the proper ranges, there is such an abundance of nutrient dense vitimins in veggies, I’de recommend try vegetarian for a week or a month and see how you feel.

If you need another push check out “what the health” on netflix.