NSV--Cholesterol

Options
When I first got my act together this past spring, I had a complete physical and had my blood drawn. Got the call that my cholesterol was 229!! I was devastated. It had always been under 200 my whole adult life. I was too young to have cholesterol that high.

A friend mentioned that women who are nursing have higher cholesterol levels. I had just weaned my baby, so it's possible that the high levels were starting to come down because of that. It had finally decided to start trying to lose weight, too, so it's hard to say if that was true of not.

I got my cholesterol checked again last week--four months later--and my cholesterol is down to 152!!!! WOWSERS!!!! I can't remember the last time my cholesterol was that low!!!!!

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    That's truly wonderful! Not only great for health reasons but Lipitor is expensive too. Good for you! :)
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    very good NSV!
  • livingonpurpose77
    livingonpurpose77 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    fantastic!
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • morganginga
    morganginga Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That's a huge drop! Good job.

I very rarely get my cholesterol tested. Last time was with my mom at the weight loss clinic. My cholesterol was fine (low range). My mom normally eats much healthier than I do and actually weighs less. Her cholesterol came back borderline high. Then she looked at the make-up and the only reason hers was anywhere near the high range was that she had alot more good cholesterol than bad. We both had a laugh. Doc told her he wished it was that way with all his patients :)
  • CourageousMom
    Options
    awesome news! I should really get checked for that, ha ha!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!