First timer using this app

Options
Hey everyone, found out about this app from a buddy at the gym. He told me it's helped him tremendously with his weight loss journey so I figured I should try it for mine. So a bit about my and my weight loss journey so far. I'm 24 living in Arizona and I'm just over 4 months into my weight loss journey.

I finally had my turning point while on a hunting trip late October last year. I'm an outdoorsy type of person and really enjoy camping, hunting, fishing, or really anything that lets me get out in the woods. Anyways it finally dawned on me how out of shape I really was trying hike/walk around. When we returned home I weighed myself and was at a staggering 320lbs (the heaviest I've been). At that point I finally decided to do something and start to make some life changes.

So for the first two months I was just trying to eat smaller potions, not eat out as much, and tried cutting out all sugary drinks. I started to the the numbers go down and it helped drive me to keep going. So like many people for my new years resolution I decided to start meal prepping and going to the gym regularly 5-6 times a week. As of yesterday I weighed in right at 260, it's a great feeling to see and feel progress.

I think adding this app into the equation it will visually let me see how much I'm putting into my body and help with the remainder of my journey. I'm looking for some friends and people to talk to along the way to help keep each other motivated and staying on track.

Replies

• Nama_Slay
    Nama_Slay Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, found out about this app from a buddy at the gym. He told me it's helped him tremendously with his weight loss journey so I figured I should try it for mine. So a bit about my and my weight loss journey so far. I'm 24 living in Arizona and I'm just over 4 months into my weight loss journey.

I finally had my turning point while on a hunting trip late October last year. I'm an outdoorsy type of person and really enjoy camping, hunting, fishing, or really anything that lets me get out in the woods. Anyways it finally dawned on me how out of shape I really was trying hike/walk around. When we returned home I weighed myself and was at a staggering 320lbs (the heaviest I've been). At that point I finally decided to do something and start to make some life changes.

So for the first two months I was just trying to eat smaller potions, not eat out as much, and tried cutting out all sugary drinks. I started to the the numbers go down and it helped drive me to keep going. So like many people for my new years resolution I decided to start meal prepping and going to the gym regularly 5-6 times a week. As of yesterday I weighed in right at 260, it's a great feeling to see and feel progress.

I think adding this app into the equation it will visually let me see how much I'm putting into my body and help with the remainder of my journey. I'm looking for some friends and people to talk to along the way to help keep each other motivated and staying on track.

Awesome testimony!! I too love the outdoors, my husband and boys are an avid hunting family! Congrats on your progress, and my best advice.. always remember your "why story"!! Take progress pics, and document your journey, not necessarily put all your focus on that number on the scale, it measures everything( water, fat, muscle etc) rely on the measurements and how your clothes fit... You Got This!! Oh and FYI, log everything honestly!
  • jonathan2k52000
    jonathan2k52000 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @Nama_Slay Thanks, I had forgot to take measurements off the start but have started doing that. Clothes are definitely way looser now so might have to start getting some new stuff. Still have a ways to go until I reach my goal but the hard work is definitely will be worth it in the end.
  • LoneWolfJoe
    LoneWolfJoe Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good job man keep it up! I’m down about 27lbs at the moment. Was down 34 but it’s cold up here in Canada during the winter. Not much motivation to go outside or to the gym. Time to get serious again. As someone who used to use this app every day to track what I eat and have recently started using it again, I assure you it makes a difference. We don’t realize how much (or little) calories we’re eating on a daily basis. Tracking it keeps us accountable and we can see any eating habit changes we need to make as the numbers are there in front of us.

Feel free to add me on your friends list if you’d like. Always down to share the journey with others and keep each other motivated.
  • NathanHatcher
    NathanHatcher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here just started today