Egg ideas?

Options
LeighMcG90
LeighMcG90 Posts: 16 Member
Hey,
I really love eggs, but I'm running out of recipe ideas that include them. Does anybody have any good ideas?
Thanks!

Replies

• RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Favorites:

1) Sweet potato frittata
    has cauliflower, garlic, rosemary, onion, sweet potato, feta/goat cheese and eggs or egg beaters

2) Omelet Souffle
    a smidge of oil, garlic, goat cheese, onion, mushrooms, eggs

3) Raddish and Egg saute
    garlic, eggs, onion, radishes, olive

You can play around with amounts of ingredients to suit your macro needs. My frittata made with egg beaters is ~340 calories with 40 grams of protein and 45 carbs

as you can tell I love garlic and onions and strive to create more recipes which use garlic and onions.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    I usually take 2-3 eggs and scramble them with whatever meat was left from the previous night's dinner.
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Watch Forrest Gump. Every time someone says "shrimp", re-imagine the sentence with "egg".
  • laurenbastug
    laurenbastug Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    if you don't mind wasting the yolk (or just getting the carton), i usually mix egg whites with protein powder, oatmeal and splash of milk and microwave it - top it with a little peanut butter and it's super tasty
  • LeighMcG90
    Options

That looks amazing, will definitely be trying that.

Thanks for all the suggestions! Given me plenty of new ideas where I can get my egg fix :smiley:
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/chickpea-egg-salad/
    dunno if this would be my thing... but seems interesting and super easy to make
  • Shredder583
    Shredder583 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I heard and seen people do pushups on them without cracking them! Get your heart pumping b4 u eat them!! Lol

I like to poach them in hot water and vinegar!
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    salsa makes eggs interesting. low cal and many varieties
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Quiche
    Meringue
    Angel Food Cake
    Mayonnaise
    Hollandaise Sauce
    Pancakes
    Frittata
    Sunny side up
    Poached
    Hard boiled
    Soft boiled
    Devilled
    Scrambled
    In fried rice
    Cloud eggs
    Cob Salad

That’s all I’ve got for now.
  • DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I like boiled eggs crumbled up in my chicken salad. It just makes the whole thing taste better. When I make chicken fried rice, I often include a couple of scrambled eggs. There's a dish called "omurice" which is basically an omelette stuffed with rice, chicken, and veggies. The binder is ketchup.. It sounds weird and I don't even like ketchup on my eggs, but it tastes good all together! Scottish eggs are also tasty.
  • LeighMcG90
    Options
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/chickpea-egg-salad/
    dunno if this would be my thing... but seems interesting and super easy to make

That definitely looks like something I would like!

Thanks everybody for your suggestions, got plenty to keep me going. Definitely will be looking into the omurice!
  • LeighMcG90
    Options
    I heard and seen people do pushups on them without cracking them! Get your heart pumping b4 u eat them!! Lol

I like to poach them in hot water and vinegar!

At the moment I struggle to do pushups on the ground, so I'll pass on the egg pushups for now! Haha :smile:
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled, mixed with avocado, mayo, salt and pepper, put on toast