What's Your Chosen Eating Lifestyle?

I don't want to use the term diet because people tend to associate that with a way you eat just to lose weight. If that's your purpose, cool, but I just mean how do you choose to eat?

Vegan, Keto, Paleo, Standard American Diet, portion control, etc? For me, I am currently following Keto.

Replies

• DragonHasTheSapphire
    DragonHasTheSapphire Posts: 184 Member
    I ate whatever I wanted. Just had to remain at a calorie deficit to lose weight, however now I changed that an eat more healthy foods and almost cut out "junk" foods entirely. (occasionally I'll have a little something tho)
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Well-rounded, whole foods, and sensible?

(High cardio; high carb)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I eat a variety of foods at a calorie level appropriate level for my goals, considering nutrition, satiety, and enjoyment.
    ^ This. I don't restrict or exclude any food or food group from my diet.

WinoGelato wrote: »
    Curious what your definition of Standard American Diet is since people always use that term but with billions of people in the US from all walks of life I find it hard to imagine much standardization in what people eat...
    I've always found it kind of ridiculous too. As if the diet of urban dwellers in, say, San Francisco or Seattle is anything like that of people living in rural Mississippi or Kentucky.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    SAD all the way baby!
  • Bintzie
    Bintzie Posts: 24 Member
    Primarily keto...with a certain degree of "I have a super low carb level for the day so that piece of non dark chocolate or cup of grapes isn't going to kill me". :smile:
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Most of the food I eat are the ones that are the highest in certain nutrients. I do eat fast food very seldom. I try to cut out grains and added sugars except on trips or holidays. It is low to moderate carbs if it has a name.