EXERCISE!!!! WHAT IS THAT!!!

Options
Ya...I am 22...and NEVER in my life have I had to exercise!! it sucks...becuase growing up I was always so active playing softball, sports, outdoor stuff...now I have an office job and over the past couple years just kept eating but not exercising...I went from 130 to 157...I have lost 7 lbs...but I want to be 140 by May...so I think it is definently possible...I do cardio everynight and burn about 450 calories...and then strength training afterwards...I have trouble now with eating enough...but I just have to find what is right for me! Any suggestions on different excersise would be so helpful!!!

TTYl
Amy:smile:

Replies

• abrandenberger
    Options
    Ya...I am 22...and NEVER in my life have I had to exercise!! it sucks...becuase growing up I was always so active playing softball, sports, outdoor stuff...now I have an office job and over the past couple years just kept eating but not exercising...I went from 130 to 157...I have lost 7 lbs...but I want to be 140 by May...so I think it is definently possible...I do cardio everynight and burn about 450 calories...and then strength training afterwards...I have trouble now with eating enough...but I just have to find what is right for me! Any suggestions on different excersise would be so helpful!!!

TTYl
    Amy:smile:
  • garimac
    garimac Posts: 174
    Options
    Welcom to the MFP neighbor. I live in north phoenix.
    This place is great, so much support and advice. and truly great people.
    Keep up the good work.
    Gari
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • twink3110
    Options
    When I was 22 I went out almost evry friday and danced with a bunch of friends.....................its was great exercise and fun. The dance exercise tapes are fun and so is the jazzercise classes. Now if dancing isn't your thing the kick boxing classes are fun too and a chance to get out and be with others for a night to kind of change up your exercising. My future son-in-law teaches Tai Chi, stays in shape that way. I myself like swimming, but you have to be careful about getting chlorine hair, personally I find it worth it but not that many do. Anyway, just throwing some ideas out there for you. Richard Simmons tapes are hilarious and a good work out too.
  • ltsoccermom
    Options
    abrandenberger,

You are like me 20 years ago with the exception that you are taking note now that exercise is a key!

My best friend with not much body fat told me one time to think of it as a bank account. what you put in are your assets. My assets (hips and now waistline are growing pretty good). It is all about the calories if you eat 2 portion sizes then you have twice the calories. This site has helped me put a relationship to those calories and the foods I choose. If I choose right I don't get hungry and I don't go over in calories. If I splurge like I did yesterday I better be watching what I eat the rest of the day. Yesterday I had a luncheon to go to and I had fish for lunch but they had the most wonderful desert that I decided having 2 slim fasts for the day and snacking on a banana or apple was worth it. (I only ate 1/2) and 1/2 is probably 1 serving. (some 1/4 is 1 serving)

Serving sizes, calories and exercise are your 3 legs to your stool if you want to keep it balanced.

The calories that I burn I try not to use if I don't have to but some days I do use them. If I go over my calories then you will find me in front of my dance dvd in the evening burning some extra calories to make up for the extra eating. If I have calories left over I am withdrawing from the bank account and the more I withdraw the less I have in assets on my body.

I am losing about 1.75 lbs a week on a 1600 calorie diet (if I starve myself I will cheat too much) and riding my bike about 25-30 miles a week. Since you like the outdoors maybe getting on a bike might do it for you. If you do another site that is as supportive as this one is bikejournal.com They are awesome!!! My local administrator is keeping the emails coming and guilting us into making sure we are riding, logging miles and repeating. He also has been giving me some advice on the side that is helping!! When I do my rides and feeling the muscles burn on the way up the hill is the time I don't like him much but when I am done I am loving the advice.

Keep up the great work half of your battle is recognizing what you need to do. I have seen people lose 20-30 lbs without exercising but without the aerobics we can not keep our health tip top. I know that more than anyone. Remember muscle weighs more than fat so if you do start to exercise you might not see it on the scale but you will feel it in your pants.

Good luck!:smile:
  • abrandenberger
    Options
    Thank you so much for your tips!!~! I really appreciate all of your advice!! Good luck to each an deveryone of you!!!:wink: