Can you love the gym too much?

Options
I I started the gym in January and absolutely love it, can't get enough of it. But people are moaning and nagging that im doing too much at the gym. Anyone else get that xxx

Replies

• yvonne_beavis
    yvonne_beavis Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Nope. I go regularly, but I will never love it, it's just a means to an end. How much is too much depends I suppose on the effect on your health and your other commitments.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Do you!!
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    People often say things like that when others make sudden changes they’re not used to.
    Doesn’t necessarily mean it’s too much. What’s the impact?
  • ladybug4233
    ladybug4233 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I started going regularly in January too and I go 6 days a week. I started so I could eat more but my day is better is when I go so I always want to go.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Unless it's becoming an unhealthy obsession then you do you. People can say inappropriate things when they don't understand what someone is doing especially when it relates to health. I get it.
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I come out of habit and dedication. I take a day off and I feel like I was made to lift. Some people are natural swimmers, dancers, etc and for me this is just something my body enjoys therefore so do I. I have been doing it over three years and keep my gym dates, but also have a life as well.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    sarah79a wrote: »
    I go 5-6 days a week 2 of those days I go twice. Its my mam and friends who always seem to complain, part of it feels like jealousy though as I'm now happy xx

What about doing something active with your mam and friends from time to time to replace one of those gym sessions? Tomorrow, I'll be doing yard work with my brother and 80 year old mother.