My gift to you :) My super low call yummy enchiladas.

Options
witheredorchid
witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
Miranda’s Enchiladas
Makes 14 servings
Serving size: 1 enchilada
Calories per serving: 176

• 2 packs of La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Low Carb High Fiber Whole Wheat Tortilla
• 1 normal size can of fat free refried beans
• 1 medium size can of El Paso enchilada sauce
• 1 normal size can of Rico’s cheese sauce with jalapenos (red and yellow can, you’ll only end up using about half the can.)
• 1 lb. lean hamburger (I use 93/7)
• 1 ½ cups Reduced fat shredded cheese
• 1 small can of diced jalapeños
• 2 baking sheets

1. Brown the hamburger in a large frying pan and drain the grease.
2. Then add the beans, jalapeños (only half unless you want it really spicy) and about half the enchilada sauce.
3. Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until mix starts thickening up.
4. While the mix is cooking preheat the oven to 350. Lay the tortillas on a cookie sheet and place in the oven until hot but still bendy (about 5 minutes).
5. Then take the cheese sauce and spread a heaping spoonful on each tortilla and fill with mixture to liking. You can usually fit 6 on each sheet side by side.
6. Then pour on enough enchilada sauce to give a good coating to each enchilada but not so much that it starts pooling on the bottom.
7. Cover with shredded cheese and put in the oven for 10 minutes.

Replies

• mendogirl
    Options
    sounds yummy!
  • whitejessamine
    Options
    Thanks! My daughter loves the idea of enchiladas, but never did like the corn tortillas. This'll fix that problem!
  • whitejessamine
    Options
    Thanks! My daughter loves the idea of enchiladas, but never did like the corn tortillas. This'll fix that problem!
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mitsimr
    mitsimr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    another way to cut the calories in it is make sure its all heated up well and then wrap it in a large lettuce leaf rather than a tortilla
  • Kulli1
    Kulli1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump, ta