Hello/New to site.

Options
HI I am in Saratoga, NY and am new to this site. Looking for all the support and motivation I can get as well as give. I am on a journey to lose 70 pounds and am struggling very hard to even get motivated. HELP!!!

Replies

• TerranandKaylynsmommy
    Options
    Hello. Good luck
  • aacyn
    aacyn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I’m in Morris, NY, not very close but very willing to be a fitness friend from afar!
  • Emerald_Warrior
    Emerald_Warrior Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard
  • firfly61
    firfly61 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am not the best with computers so as easy as it was to find these responses, it took me awhile to figure out how to get here (LOL) not that good on the computer. Anyway thanks for all of your responses. Really having a hard time getting motivated. I have lost weight before with ww but i ended up gaining it all back. It seems I do good for a day or two and then just say to hell with it. I really want to lose weight and know that i am the one that has to do this. How do you all get and stay motivated? Also i am such a picky eater that its hard to figure out what to eat, not a fan of veggies or fruit so it is hard. Any advice you can give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks and good luck to all of you!!
  • fitandpainfree
    fitandpainfree Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I could have wrote your post. I have just (re)started this journey and am looking forward to what advice others give. So..... Thanks for posting this!
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a big fan of veggies or fruit but I told myself I have to eat them for health and to help fill me up. I actually quite like them now. Well, like is probably too strong a word in this case I should probably have said I don't dislike them any more. I think the secret is to allow yourself the things you really enjoy. Nothing is forbidden as long as you count those calories. If you start by saying I can't have this or that, straight away you want them. I tell myself that if I have been good all day I can have something I really like in the evening as long as I have enough calories left. I really look forward to my treat and doing it this way has lost me 40lbs. You need to find what works for you and stick with it. Don't be scared if trying new ways of doing things. And remember 'How do you eat an elephant?..................'One bite at a time'.
  • jbhartzell4214
    jbhartzell4214 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've only been a member for a week but that is very helpful. Just getting the hang of it all.