Just started keto! Loving it so far

Options
Hi guys! I’m Bailey, I’m a 21 year old on a journey to lose 35 lbs! I gained about 30 lbs since coming to college by unhealthy eating habits, excessive alcohol consumption, and “no time” for exercises. At the end of January I decided to embark my journey by doing the whole 30 challenge, which I did pescatarian style since I used to not eat meat. I lost about 10 lbs from the whole 30 challenge but felt deprived in my food choices. I decided to start eating meat again about 5 days ago and do a 30 day keto challenge. It’s been 4 days of eating 5% carbs, 75 % fat, and 20% protein, and I feel great! I’ve lost 3 lbs so far but I’ve heard in the first week it’s mainly just water weight. I’m looking to lose 15 lbs in the month of March with a goal of 1,200 calories a day, the macros I previously mentioned, and daily exercise, and drinking a lot of water! I’m so excited for my end of the month results.

Replies

• dmcnur
    dmcnur Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi Bailey. I have been doing keto since November last year with a start weight of 92.8kg and am finding it the easiest eating plan to stick to I have ever tried. I am medically supervised as keto was advised by my doctor as probably the most suitable eating plan for a post menopausal woman (61 years old). I have to date lost close to 20kg (42 pounds as of my last weigh in) in 4 months. I am due to weigh in officially tomorrow and am looking at about another 3 pounds loss). My health has improved, I have more energy and everyone is telling me my skin looks younger. There are those who say keto is a fad diet but I have done a lot of reading and looked at some of the reseach which is starting to show that there are medical conditions that a keto diet helps.

Good luck with your Journey. Mine is still ongoing as I still have about 13-14kg to lose.
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hello! Im just starting back, going Keto as well. I joined mfp in 2011, losing 40+ lbs following a primal lifestyle. I did well for quite a while until I went back to school and changed careers. Hoping to make this a permanent lifestyle change this time, as I have never felt better than I did going primal. Feel free to add me!