Anyone got a suggestion for a mutlivitamin that wont make me want to puke?

Options
hud54014
hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
Every time I take my multi I get nauseous, even on a full stomach. I don't believe it's the iron because I've taken high potency iron tablets before with no issues.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    If you have a well balanced diet I wouldn't worry about it. Multi vitamins are more of a safety net than a need. If you are short on something take a specific pill (iron or magnesium or etc) if not then avoid the upset tummy, not worth it.

Sorry no suggestions, I take GNC Men's Sport and it doesn't bother my stomach but I've heard a lot of reviews saying that it bother a lot of people.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,971 Member
    Options
    I can't take them on an empty stomach (any pill seems to upset things) but I'm fine taking them with food, so probably not much help.
  • TWRUNNER32
    TWRUNNER32 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too. I take half in the morning and half after work or i take gummy vitamins.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    hud54014 wrote: »
    Every time I take my multi I get nauseous, even on a full stomach. I don't believe it's the iron because I've taken high potency iron tablets before with no issues.

Any suggestions?

Do you have some medical need to be taking a multivitamin? If not my recommendation would be to not take a multivitamin.
  • hud54014
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »

Any suggestions?

Do you have some medical need to be taking a multivitamin? If not my recommendation would be to not take a multivitamin.

No medical issues. I need to supplement with b12 and d because I've tested pretty low in the past. I just take the multi just in case... probably not the best reason to pop a pill :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I use a bag of frozen mixed "California Style" vegetables. Broccoli, Cauliflower, and things. It's 120 calories for the bag and goes great with dinner.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »

Any suggestions?

No medical issues. I need to supplement with b12 and d because I've tested pretty low in the past. I just take the multi just in case... probably not the best reason to pop a pill :)

Yeah you might want to just try the b12 or something that is more specific to what you as a person might be low on (for a woman calcium/iron can be low often). Or, alternatively, just make sure to include foods high in those things in your general diet.

Nothing inherently wrong with a multivitamin but if it makes you nauseus then not worth it unless you really need it imo. I mean for most people with a reasonable diet a multivitamin just becomes expensive colored pee.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    TWRUNNER32 wrote: »
    I have this problem too. I take half in the morning and half after work or i take gummy vitamins.

I do this same thing cuz I heard in the past we can only absorb so much at one time and splitting it in two helps that,not sure if its true or not but its not hurting
  • notyourgirlfriday
    notyourgirlfriday Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, even with a full stomach regular multi vitamins make me sick. Then I tried gummy vitamins and have not had an issue, even when I take them without much else.
  • lhaughs
    lhaughs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Why not try a powdered multi. I use
    Enzymatic Therapy Fatigued to Fantastic!, which I love. But anything like EmergenC might work better for you.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I can't even take half. Don't but the women's. (Assuming here) Just buy a standard multi vitamin. Or Flintstones vitamins, lol. I can take the basic ones but not women's. They make me puke every time.
  • hud54014
    Options
    I have the same problem. I can't even take half. Don't but the women's. (Assuming here) Just buy a standard multi vitamin. Or Flintstones vitamins, lol. I can take the basic ones but not women's. They make me puke every time.

OMG! I love Flinstones vitamins. I thought about giving them to my kids but pediatrician said it's basically fortified candy.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Gummy Vitamins ....
  • Fisah17
    Fisah17 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    GNC Women's Gumi multivitamins
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    B12 comes as a sublingual and as a spray.

Vitamin D comes as a sublingual and as drops.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    The pills make me nauseous too. I take gummies as they are ok as long as I have eaten. When my doctor told me to be sure to take them as well as calcium plus D3, I told her I could only stomach the gummies. I expected to be told off lol, but she said she had the same problem so took gummies herself!
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I used to take Rainbow Light Women’s One.... while I don’t have this problem I see lots of reviews on Amazon that people with intolerance to other multis are able to take them. They are a plant based multi, others like Garden of Life, etc may work also. Some people have issues with synthetics.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    GNC ultra mega. These are the only ones that don't make me nauseous, and I've tried every type there is (I take them on an empty stomach with coffee and have no problems)
  • Rose18l
    Rose18l Posts: 147 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I like animal pak it is 11 pils though
  • ninjamere1
    ninjamere1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Gummy children vitamins are the only multi I can handle when I'm told I should take something. I've been told it could be fillers that make me ill. I couldn't even do prenatal. Instead I had to make sure I ate very well with variety. I try to stick to that now too