Never Satisfied

Options
How many have dropped a large amount of weight saying you would be so happy if you could reach a certian weight, only to discover that once you reached this weight, you still weren't happy. I began at 300lbs and said if I got down to 250, I'd be happy. I now weigh 230 and still feel chubby. Still not happy. :indifferent:

Replies

• gilthethrill6907
    gilthethrill6907 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How many have dropped a large amount of weight saying you would be so happy if you could reach a certian weight, only to discover that once you reached this weight, you still weren't happy. I began at 300lbs and said if I got down to 250, I'd be happy. I now weigh 230 and still feel chubby. Still not happy. :indifferent:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hello Gil.

Perhaps it may be time to reach out to help others :smile:

Acts of kindness can generate the questions you may need to ask yourself if you have tried "reaching in" and didn't get an answer.

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    hmmmm. This is a case of the "grass is always greener." I have to say I'm not completely satisfied with my weight and I'm only one pound away from my goal. For me, it's partially a mind game. However, I look at where I've been and where I am now, and rationally, I think that I SHOULD be happy. That helps me. I am happy, but I can fall into the ditch of "Oh, what if I lost 10 more?" I also look at the things that I can do now because I've been exercising regularly and eating healthier.

Is it time to reevaluate your goals or is it a mind game for you? Try to think rationally to decide. That's a tall order sometimes. Best of luck. :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I think for me, its very difficult for me to imagine myself at a reasonable weight, so I overestimate the difference 10, 15, or 20 pounds will make. That is why I chose the high end of my healthy BMI range for my goal weight... no matter how I feel when I get there... I'll know I'm at a healthy weight... and if need be I can take things from there.:flowerforyou: You look great by the way
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I know that even after surgery, I'll still have scars. I have a pretty realistic idea of what my body will look like in a year. :P

(Tummy tuck in Dec.)

But yeah - it is hard to be satisfied after a big weight loss because you didn't know what your body was going to look like before.
  • Garnica2018
    Garnica2018 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I feel you because I am in that situation
  • Alexei3
    Alexei3 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you’re seeing what you look like now, when you look in the mirror, or do you still see the old you. I really struggled with that the first time I lost a lot of weight. Also, your happiness isn’t all about your weight. There are other factors that could be influencing how you feel about yourself. Give yourself some time to adjust to the new you.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I don't know about your height but if you're short like me at five foot eight inch tall, you are technically obese, I went from 300 to 230 before I felt I'm getting thin, I'm at 207 now and I still feel fat and that's because I am. Lol.

I won't be in the overweight category until I'm at 190 pounds.

It helps to do some weight lifting so you can have some muscle definition as you lose weight and I suggest googling one of those ideal BMI charts for your body height and develop realistic expectations of what weight you want to be to be comfortable in your skin.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! What an amazing accomplishment.

I second the idea of strength training. Weight loss alone often changes your size but not body composition, and strength training can make a huge difference. It’s also fun to get stronger and really good for you:)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Wow--where did you find a 10 yr old thread? Is the OP still around? How did it all play out?
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Well, a good question is: What would not feeling chubby look and feel like?

You may have an old version of yourself stuck in your head.
    You might have outsized expectations of what weight loss would look like. (It won't make you a model, for example.)
    You may have body dysmorphia, in which you just don't see your body in a correct way.
    You may have thought losing weight would make other, unrelated issues resolve themselves.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Wow--where did you find a 10 yr old thread? Is the OP still around? How did it all play out?

OP was last here in December, so maybe he's still at it?

Great--I hope so. I always want to find out what happened.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Not calling it never satisfied.Just goalpost shifting.
    When I started I wantend to get back int my work pants
    Then a favourite skirt
    Then get to healthy BMI
    Then to the middle of my BMI
    Now I want to build strength and increase my stamina whilst maintaining at that BMI

I guess I am just finding that I love what I and my body are capable of and exploring more of the same
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!