Belly Fat

nonohaaf
nonohaaf Posts: 2
edited October 1 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi!
I just joined today. It is really neat how it tracks everything. It has made me think about what I am going to eat and at lunch I went for a quick walk!!

I am 39 and it seems like I can't get rid of belly fat. Does anyone know what causes it and the best way to slim it down?

Thank you everyon!!

Replies

• eva13760
    eva13760 Posts: 1 Member
    I have the same problem - the only thing I have found that works is CARDIO!! Keep moving, it works wonders. : ) Good Luck.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    the 1st place you put on weight is the last place you will loose it! sorry....
    also you can not spot reduce either!
  • Hi!
    I just joined today. It is really neat how it tracks everything. It has made me think about what I am going to eat and at lunch I went for a quick walk!!

I am 39 and it seems like I can't get rid of belly fat. Does anyone know what causes it and the best way to slim it down?

Thank you everyon!!

Diet is 80% of losing weight..coupled with cardio and strength training. Check out "Your Best Body Now" by Tosca Reno because a clean diet will help with belly fat like none other. You cannot spot reduce so don't buy into that...you have to lose all over to lose in one spot :0)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Limiting your refined carbs can help with belly bloat. And losing fat all over with cardio can help. But we're all different and store fat differently. You can't spot reduce.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Cardio is the answer to your tummy problems. Try at least thirty minutes a day for a month and see if you don't see a difference. :flowerforyou:
  • USCEE77
    USCEE77 Posts: 50
    Find a nutritionist who can put you on a detoxification program. You have a layer of fat in your belly that only a detox program can flush (literally) out.
  • JCPruitt
    JCPruitt Posts: 53
    core body exercises that work all the abs. Planks, Lunges and Squats as well as resistance work. For resistance, stand in a squat position (feet shoulder width apart, knees best @2" over feet) clasp hands in front of you with arms straight in front, but don't lock your elbows. have a partner try to push on your arms to make you twist/lose your balance. It takes your core to maintain the original position.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    I'd personally hit the weights and do some cardio. The more muscle that you have, the more calories you burn at rest and the more fat it eats up.. like everyone else said, you can't spot reduce. The cleaner your diet is(I.E little to no processed foods) the flatter your stomach will be.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Lots of cardio and crunches. While its true that you cant spot reduce, you can do things to specifically tone up the area. Work on your core exercises and keep up the cardio and it will go away, it will just take a while. Also, there are some spices that have been shown to help target body fat just by eating them, I dont know for sure that its true, but I have read about it in Clean eating Magazine. Some that I know of are ginger, cayenne pepper and mustard seasoning. They are supposed to hepl fire up your metabolism.
  • ?
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Find a nutritionist who can put you on a detoxification program. You have a layer of fat in your belly that only a detox program can flush (literally) out.

never heard of this.... doubting it.
  • Thank you all for your ideas. I will see if my diet and exercise will help. I will check back in to let you know my resluts :)
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    the best thing you CAN do to help get rid of Belly Fat:

1. Cardio
    2. Cut out ALL white processed sugar and white bread, white pasta, white rice, potatoes(for 30 days)....basically, anything white and processed....

It does help.
This discussion has been closed.