Really want to lose weight

Options
teddysmummy1517
teddysmummy1517 Posts: 6 Member
edited March 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Well my name is Colleen I’m 28. Back in 2012 I was still living at home, I didn’t have much of a social life as I worked 11 hours a day (my first real career based job).
I used to walk to and from there daily ,which worked out to 8 miles a day and on the weekend I just hit the gym hard and I wasn’t out till I burnt 5 000 calories a day.
Doung this over a course of 2 years I went from a size 22 to a size 10 and I was on cloud 9. In 2015 I met the most amazing man ever who i love to the moon and every star in the universe and back again.
He me like a queen taking me to reastrants I never dreamed of going to, taking me on amazing holidays and trying new thing.
Unfortunately I needed to find another job, as I was completing a college course and needed a job that supported that. Now even though I did find a job, down side was shorter hours and it was a half mile walk from my front door.
Now being in a new relationship I wanted to spend as much time as I could with him, as he works away a lot. As the relationship went on so did the weight; meals out, nights in, cinema and trips away, it piled on. But he loves me so much he calls me beautiful at least 3 times a day, and makes me feel amazing.
Then we fell pregnant I wanted to give my baby the best start so I ate a lot of good stuff some naughty stuff, but I kept active still going to work. Then along came the most perfect little boy, at 8lb 7oz he was my world and to give him the best start I breastfed which means you have to eat to produce milk for your baby.
Now he is 8 months old he’s on baby food and formula, I can go back to work. As mums know having a baby your wight is something you want to change but never have time to do: your tired, baby needs feeding, doing dishes, baby needs changing, washing needs doing, baby’s crying but funnily enough doing this doesn’t make you lose weight.
So now I’m going back to work Wednesday and my weight loss journey begins. I’m currently a size 20 and weigh in at 16 stone 11 and I’m at the point where I don’t look in the mirror anymore. I want to feel and look good again, my wonderful partner compliments me daily but honestly I don’t believe it, but I will... I hope.
More then anything I want to have another baby in a year or so but I will refuse until I’m fit and healthy enough. So I’m aming to lose 5 stone by September here’s hoping I can do it.

Replies

• MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Wtf. There isn’t a single period in there. How in the world do you expect anyone to be able to read that mess.
  • mikhnpaitsmum
    mikhnpaitsmum Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I read it just fine. You can do it! Feel free to add me:)
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Just a tip for the OP, use paragraphs and proper punctuation as it makes it easier to read. I read about 1/3 of the way through and quit because it was hard to follow.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Okay, so you ate too much, gained weight, now you want to lose weight. Welcome :) Are you willing to eat less?
  • teddysmummy1517
    Options
    I’m guessing maybe that’s why a lot of people go on diets. I’m not embarrassed by it yes, I ate to much, yes I gained a lot of baby weight and I found a life and started enjoying it. I over indulged there’s no excuse for it apart from being greedy.
    I have nobody to blame for it but myself, but let me tell you I had fun getting here. It must make people feel good to point out others flaws, I joined this app in order to find support from others but some people just feel the need to criticise and point out the obvious. Yes I’m willing to eat less.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    People go on diets because they think they have to in order to lose weight. Many people even believe they can lose weight without eating less, so no, it's not "obvious" to everybody. But we just have to eat less. Acknowledging that is the first step - just making sure you know. It means you're way ahead in this game. How's that for support?
  • teddysmummy1517
    Options
    Your first comment was argumentative, pointing out the obvious as if I was oblivious to my situation. I did not use the word “obvious” I know how to lose weight, I know what to eat less of and what to eat to lose weight. Yes might say well if you know this how did you gain so much weight ? Because I dieted for 2 years, situations change, I met someone, I had a baby. Life got in the way I acknowledge that and like I said there is no one to blame but me.
    But if you telling me stuff which I already stated, is your idea of support then I mean this in the nicest way but I don’t need it.
  • mayas135
    mayas135 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I read it fine as well. You did it the first time, so you can do it again! Just remember how you felt before. If you have the will, you have the way. Good luck!
  • remoore23
    remoore23 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This isn't English class and I read your statement just fine :smile: Welcome, best of luck to you in your weight loss journey! It's so great you met a great guy and have a lovely little baby!
  • teddysmummy1517
    Options
    Thank you Maya, support and encouragement from people like you and mikhnpaitsmum is the boost I need xx
  • teddysmummy1517
    Options
    Thank you remoor23 x